Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 20 April 2022

Spring blooms

This is the last pot of spring flowers, I have been changing things around here for weeks, soon it will be time for my summer pot to come out and fill this space with colour. This table is important as it's near our patio doors and prominent when sitting inside. 
This bed beside our back door is in shadow most of the time, so the spring flowers bloom much later, so still full of colour, there are loads of other plants here in, this bed needs very little added, most things planted come back every year. 
The side bed is full of leaves from spring flowers, it's too early to cut them back, but other things are growing, I love the new shrub, it adds colour and texture to this end of the bed, the roses have lovely new growth, and there are other plants coming to life, I have loads of bedding plants for here. 

Mum's Peony has loads of buds again this year, I can't wait for it to bloom, the inset is a pale pink plant I was given last year, it will take a few years to get to a decent size, I did disturb it a couple of weeks ago, so that has slowed it growth this spring.
This back bed, in front of the greenhouse is starting to fill with colour, at this time I am really into blue flowers, I love these bulbs. I have pots along the back path, I will at some point sort them and get rid of loads. I have bedding plants to pop in here as well, the centre section has space for extra plants.
This corner in front of the raised bed, is now full with plants, there is a Forsythia, which I hope to keep a smaller size, another Peony, this one is bowl of beauty, Forget-me-nots, all which should come back every year. I have loads of other plants here as well, it should be full of colour later in the summer. 
Along the back fence, I have a white daisy in the old gooseberry tub, this one overwintered in the greenhouse, so it's blooming early, the mixed tub is looking good, loads of summer plants starting to grow, and my Blueberry is loving this spot. I also have 2 Hosta's beside my shed in pots in the shade, they are bursting with life. 
Inside the greenhouse I have loads of bedding plants to put out, still a bit early yet, I am hoping to keep them inside for a couple more weeks, get some good growth on them. The greenhouse is still full, I should get my tomato and cucumber plants into their huge pots later this week, I have various lettuce and rocket growing, I am hoping to grow my own salads again this summer. 
These pots were in the front garden, but it's the sunniest spot and these pots kept drying out, so I now have them, they are along the side garage wall, one each side of our bench, they get sun all morning, but are in shadow the rest of the day, they are sheltered from the wind as well, I have a yellow lupin in one and a Echinacea (also know as cone heads) in the second. 
I am outside every day, just doing a bit at a time, there is nothing big to do outside, the shrubs are now coming into bloom, it's too early for bedding plants, so it's a time of waiting, watching and enjoying the garden, after years of hard work. 

Monday was a lazy day, I did do some potting, I sat in the shade outside my shed, handy to have everything I required close by, I also love the view looking towards the house, a friend popped in for a coffee and a chat sat in the sunshine. Tuesday was a bit cooler, still beautiful blue skies in the morning, we has the washing machine repair man here in the morning, he has replaced loads of parts, which should ensure the machine last a bit longer, we have been on a yearly repair contract, which we won't renew next month, so getting it sorted whilst it's not costing us anything. It did cool down after lunch and we had a storm of rain before tea, my water butt's are half empty, so any rain is appreciated. I have tried making time for some cross stitch each day, it's growing, photo's next time and also some reading time. 

Today nothing planned again, see what happens with the weather, so far this week my steps are really low, so I should plan a walk. 

6 comments:

  1. Just look at that peony, so many buds, it's going to be a riot of colour when it blooms. My tulips have only just started flowering so they'll last a bit longer and my honesty is filling the beds at the moment, there's a lot of colour about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful garden is always so inspirational. I was out looking at my garden this morning and things are starting to grow again. It's lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter garden is looking beautiful and you also have lots to look forward to . Everyone looks happy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spring blooms look very nice and what a lovely lot of buds on the peony.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is so lovely. I can't even imagine have that growing here right now. We will be getting another snow event. This time even more than the last time.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see what is going on in your garden. You have some wonderful plants. Happy gardening x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails