Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 30 April 2022

April roundup



Another good month, just a couple craft items and plants for the garden, hubby got some plants for his front garden, but I don't record his spend here. My spending on main chart is about £90 less than last year, I am pleased, but not shouting about it, at any point I could see something and blow my budget. Just purchased a lovely jumper this month. Nothing much purchased for the house, just a new loo seat. 

Our food waste again was zero, any peeling went into my composter, we have become very good at only cooking our correct portion size, I did freeze loads of tiny tomatoes, they were all going a bit soft, so I started a bag, we can use them for sauces or soups later in the year. We only shopped at Lidl twice this month, we do pop into our local Tesco and Iceland, but we are doing that less these days. 

My weight is not good, I've put on a pound this month, not much, but it the wrong way, so May is going to be a strict month, no chocolate or crisp, I don't normally eat crisp, but I have been greedy recently. My steps are nowhere near where I wanted them, I've been lazy, with the nice weather, I realise I need to drop some pounds so I can fit into my summer clothes, I do not want to go up a size. 

My Fitbit Luxe has again stopped linking to my phone, I had a replacement about 6 weeks ago for the same issue, we purchased from Amazon, they are brilliant, sent a return label and very helpful, I have now chosen another model and hopefully it will be here soon, typically the newer model cost more.

4 comments:

  1. Well done on the budget. I had 3 Fitbits. One lost, one broke after 15 months, the replacement broke after 13 months but Fitbit would not replace a replacement!! So I went over to Garmin over 3 years ago, much more robust and reliable. I hope yours stands the test of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that your Fitbit has been causing problems, hoping the new model you've chosen will work fine.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with your spending. I don't think 1lb weight gain is too bad, you should be able to shift that with the warmer weather coming. I'm throwing less food away lately as I'm trying hard to only buy just what I need and only shop when I really have to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with your zero food waste. It is an area I think we could improve upon here in our home, although we don't waste a huge amount.
    Best of luck with your weight loss plan :) xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails