Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 7 April 2022

Staying in

I decided I would start with the top grid boxes, I have counted and recounted, I really don't want to make an error at this stage, the whole design fits within this huge round frame, which I love, it is so comfortable to hold. I am only stitching in natural daylight, it's better for my eyes, giving me reading time at night. 
This is another great book, it starts well and does not disappoint, so many twist and turns with a clever ending, I have not read this author before, but will add her to my list I like. The 2 week loan sticker is from our local library, all new books have their loan time shortened, so more people can read the book, it's the first section I always stop at. This being book 33 read this year.  
Some fun facts for this week, we listen to radio 2, on Wednesday they have people send in questions for the QI elves, so this week there were good questions, but the extra facts were fun, apparently in 2019 for the 1st time, there were more Lego people than humans, in 2035 there will be more people alive born in this century than the last. The last interesting fact, if you use night vision goggles, you won't be able to see a polar bear, the goggles show heat and the polar bear coats are very good at keeping their body heat in. 
Taken from the internet

The QI elves work on a TV program called QI, it's a panel game around loads of interesting and useless facts, and always very funny, I do miss Stephen Fry as the host, he is so knowledgeable and funny with it. I have always loved books on facts, the book below was a must have, and a good read. I do like to keep lots of 'facts' books, you can always find something silly in them. 
It's warmer again this week and wet, but the garden always needs the rain, I have been outside, but with nothing to do. We are talking about emptying the greenhouse so we can sort the glazing out, I think the frame has moved in one corner, not by much, about an inch, in the storms back in February. I am planning to get everything out, we can then clean it both inside and out, place it back square and pin the base again, it's still windy delaying the work, the rest of the glass is staying put.

Thank so much for your kind comments on the photo in my previous post, they are all happy children, George is a giggler, they live in a very happy home, where fun is always shared, we are so lucky to live so close, and I will always help out where I can, our grandchildren grow up so quickly, I want to see as much as I can whilst they do things we can be involved in.

Today I'm having my hair cut, daughter is bringing George and Molly over, George is going through a phase of being sick again, and daughter needs our support.

PS, I filled the car last night, 1st time in over a month, goodness the cost of fuel, and our local garage was out of diesel, and they would run out of petrol before morning, all because people are worried about the protestors blocking the refineries last weekend. Is our world ever going to be sensible again. 

6 comments:

  1. You've made a good start on your cross stitch. Yes, it's always best recounting, it's so disheartening to find you've stitched one hole out, it puts everything wrong. It's warmed up a bit here too but it's so windy and the rain this morning woke me at about 6am, the heavens had opened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got "Funny you should ask" as an audiobook. The QI elves are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little George suffering from sickness. He's blessed to have such a loving, caring family. I often think the world has gone mad, I hate reading the news reports now but we have to stay abreast of what's happening in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that fact about polar bears not showing up in heat goggles - who would have thought it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know that about the polar bears either ...

    We were able to get fuel the other day, but the price!!!
    Things are getting so much more expensive aren't they.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start on the cross stitch. It is going to be lovely.

    I don't think the world will be come sensible again for awhile.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails