Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 2 May 2022

Triffids

 I have been digging out plants from around the garden, some like the aquilegia's have spread and got huge, I am going to need plants for a new bed. I am taking some daffodils from the side bed, and other spring bulbs. 

We popped to B&Q, whilst there we looked at roses, hubby has chosen a new bush one, it's dark red with big blooms, I also saw they had their spring flower packs at half price, so I got 4 different ones (2 of each), I will pop them into the ground, I'm sure they will grow. The plants had 20% off so this rose cost us £8.

I am using gloves more often, normally I would use the knitted ones, but I now wear waterproof ones, I have leather ones which I don't often wear as they are too thick. My neighbours partner gave me the Traffi brand, they are work gloves and brilliant, we could not get them on line, my size was sold out, so the other set Site are from B&Q, they feel the same, only time will tell if they are strong enough and at £3 a pair not to pricy.  I can't wear latex, so I have to be careful what gloves I choose, I'm not getting paid for these comments, I'm just pleased to have found so great gloves. 

Elsewhere in the garden we still have loads of spring colour, we have both enjoyed the start of this growing season, all the years of hard work has paid off, we sit with our coffee through out the day, just listening to the bird song and enjoying the view. 
The greenhouse is full, still to early to put out bedding and tender plants, the chance of frost here is very slim, it is cooler but we are sheltered here, but still I wait. The tomato and cucumber plants are both in their huge pot, the tomatoes both have flowers, I am harvesting salad leaves. I always pop a plastic bottle into the ground next to my cucumber plant and water through the bottle, I have cut the bottom off, saves the stem going rotten. 
The bank holiday did not make any difference to us, I spent some time in our garden moving slate, we do have alot of it, I have spread the task over a few days rather than do everything at once. 

I had a very lazy start on Saturday, I managed to sleep in, and then played with my new model Fitbit, sorting updates, it's easy to change device on the apt, hopefully I won't get any issues, the previous model had bad comments on internet, same issue as I was having, not pairing and recording my stats. We spent most of the time outside, plenty to do in the garden, later we had pizza and wine for tea. 

Sunday our plans changed, it rained, not heavy just steady, so day inside reading and stitching, the garden can be done another day, we are in no rush, we have plenty of time. I spent time with daughter in afternoon, George is poorly again, he does go downhill quickly, he and Will both have had a sickness bug, George bug again is lingering, he spent all evening in A&E, where they are so good to both child and mummy. 

Today Monday we plant to drive to daughters, she wants help with planting, but we will wait to see how her night went and if they all slept, we will visit but maybe the garden can wait. 

4 comments:

  1. I hope George gets better soon. I will look for those B&Q gloves for gardening although we may not bother planting anything this year as our young pup likes to go in the raised beds and sometimes jumps in the planters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor George and mummy too. Get well soon.
    I use similar gloves all the time and find them very comfortable and quite durable.
    Enjoy your garden this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope George gets better soon.
    Pleased you've found some gloves that suit you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea with the cucumber. We used to do it with our tomato plants, the idea being the water would be delivered more to their lower roots.
    I hope George is better soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails