Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 30 September 2021

September roundup


Again it's garden purchases, my black bin came, I hope to save money in years to come, just making my own mulch. I purchased more large pebbles and compost and a few plants, I am pleased it's a much lower spend. I do have thoughts for a small improvement, but at £60 it's not cheap, it's not a case of can't afford it, more do I want to spend that much.

A few balls of yarn and some small bits for sewing, no clothes, it's been a really good month for me. I even managed to wear a couple of dresses, rather than jeans and tops, I am hoping to wear most of what I own now rather than leaving them hanging  in my wardrobe.

One £36.99 spend was for a new battery for my hand held Dyson, the old battery was losing power far to quickly, hubby checked and we think the holder was causing the issue, but the battery was damaged. So instead of purchasing a new machine, we saved loads of money, ditched the holder and plug the lead into the unit and I have a perfect good cleaner again. 

No waste again, we also got a couple too good to go bags, we are loving all the M&S treats, they are fantastic value. Having purchased so little, hardly any packaging to throw away, but sadly most of our home grown fruit and veg are gone. We have spent a bit more on store cupboard foods, it was always our plan to have spare things to see us through winter months, just in case the virus levels grew, but it seams handy to have things with all the doom and gloom about shortages, not huge amounts just enough to keep us from needing to shop for a couple of months. 

We have not purchased any fuel for the car, we still have over half a tank, daughter filled up yesterday, she was almost on empty, took less than an hour, so she is counting that as a win. It's still manic around here, no one is listening and all panicking, oh well we can sit it out, we normally only fill up once every 4 to 6 weeks. 

No weight loss or gain, so I'm taking that as a win, I've struggled this month so my eating has not been the best, But I'm not eating chocolate everyday, just a small step. 

3 comments:

  1. We've had a spendy month too, getting Simon in to cut hedges and a couple of unplanned household purchases. October won't be much better - I am having four new tyres on my car tomorrow (ouch!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily we filled up before all this hoo haa so have enough for a while. Just hoping it all gets sorted before we need to fill up again as without the car we would be housebound.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grocery shop this week was pretty spendy, mainly because I bought enough to last two weeks (some things even longer). I can not believe how quickly prices are rising here.

    No fuel shortage here, but there is talk of another toilet paper shortage.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails