Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 3 September 2021

Creative and cake

I am revisiting some patterns, I started this baby dress earlier in the year, I got myself totally confused with the bodice pattern and ended unpicking everything. Daughter was given some knitted garments for Molly which she loved, so I asked if she liked this dress design, so here I am trying again. 
This is being knitted in the round, so no sewing together, the pattern is standard and should be knitted in 2 pieces, front and back. This time I have gone through all the details, and I'm sure it won't cause me any issues. 
I have restarted this, again I tried last year and had issues, I'm doing the fronts and back in one piece, again no seams. It's for George so I am making to fit him, he is tall and thin, most tops are far to wide for him. I have far to much of this yarn as I purchased it to make for both Will and George, but I won't make Will one as he does not feel the cold and won't wear it. 
It was hubby's birthday on Thursday so I ordered in afternoon tea for 3, we had extra family here, so with a few added savoury treats and his birthday cake, we had a lovely lunch. We kept the cream and jam scones for today, and still had too much food. 
This cake was purchased from Lidl's and was lovely, Will had 2 slices, every little boy likes chocolate cake, I should have taken a photo of George, he loved the cake but got it everywhere, all good fun. 
We did go out shopping on Tuesday afternoon after my sign language class, we should not need to leave our village again for a couple of weeks. As I said before we had 2 huge local festivals over the bank Holiday weekend and neither of us want to risk going far. 

Wednesday my brother arrived for another few days, he like us is not having a holiday again this year and decided to visit us again.  Will had a sleepover, he was really excited he loves his uncle Martin and waking up on Grancha (Welsh for grandad) birthday, it's lovely to have family here, in a couple of weeks Will starts school and we won't see him as much, that thought saddens me.

Thursday was just cake and more cake, a few friends popped in, loads of family messages, I forgot to take photos of our afternoon tea packs, they are made by a local lady and are a real treat. Later we had a Chinese takeaway, just the 3 of us, I don't think I need to eat much today. 

Doing nothing in the garden, it's still looking good, sadly it's so cloudy and dull, no plans for a BBQ, just having a relaxing few days. Having hubby's birthday midweek, I kept thinking it was Saturday, so I have no idea what day it is, today I'm starting a new book. 

6 comments:

  1. It looks like you've already got a fair bit done on your knitting so they shouldn't take you too long now you've got it all sorted out in your mind. I like knitting in one piece, I hate the sewing together. The cakes look delicious. It's my birthday today, we've been out for the day and was supposed to be going out for a meal tonight but I'm a little under the weather, nothing serious, so Eleanor and Jacob are coming round and we'll have a takeaway instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed your meal and you are feeling better, Happy belated birthday.

      Delete
  2. You have two lovely knitting projects on the go.

    Birthday tea!!! What a great idea. Heck little boys are not the only ones to enjoy chocolate cake. I love me a slice of chocolate cake. Perhaps love it a bit too much. 😊

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes we all love chocolate cake, and of course chocolate without cake.

      Delete
  3. How lovely that you could get together to celebrate (happy birthday to hubby, by the way) after all the months of lockdown you have suffered through. We are still in semi-lockdown here but our cases are dropping. I don't think it will ever go away though, so am always conscious of what I am doing when I leave home. Hope your new knitting projects work out. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel confident I can finish these knitting projects this time, I don't think it was the pattern last time, it was me, I can easily over think things.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails