Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 10 September 2021

Little bites

I'm working on the back of this jacket for George, I separated the 3 parts at the armhole shaping, like the body, I need to add extra rows, he is a tall boy, it's all stocking stitch now. I love the button bands are made as I knit and not added later. I've not done so much on this, but it simple knitting from now on. 

I am also working on Molly's dress, this yarn is so soft, I am now at the point to shape the armholes and will work separate front and back pieces, I am past the part I got stuck on last time. I have enjoyed knitting this in the round, the yarn colour mixtures makes this beautiful. The design had the lace work on the back as well as the bodice, but I knitted in stocking stitch, in hope it's flatter and won't be uncomfortable. 

Will's 1st day at school this week, he has visited a few times and a couple of his best friends are in the same class, so a happy little boy, with his book bag. He has got up and dressed every morning happy to go. 
My lovely friend has made me another wooden pot, this time he has left some bark on the side, there are a couple of natural cracks in the wood as well. It's stunning, I love the colours and it's so tactile to touch. 
For once I popped in place without showing hubby, he's not so keen on all my wooden pots, I have shown him since.
Another book finished, a new to me author, she has loads of titles but I won't want to read any more, it was not my best read, book 38 read this year. 

Wednesday I went with mummy to pick up Will from school, the school grounds look fantastic, so many places for the children to have fun. He only attended the morning so we picked him up at 12, he was happy hungry and a bit angry, once fed he was himself and told us everything he did. I got cuddles with George and Molly, and time to chat with mummy.  Later another quiet time at home with hubby.

Thursday I was at daughters before the school run, George was sick in the night, mummy had no sleep, so Will was taken to school, George went for a nap, Molly slept after here feed, mummy was sent to bed for the morning, I had a lazy few hours. I stayed much later daughter had her own medical appointment, George did not attend his, Will came home happy another good day, he had a sticker on his shirt, stating he had ate all his lunch, it was so much fun to have a play afternoon with them.

Today, Friday, we have again nothing on, it's raining which I am pleased about, I am tired so happy not to do much, I hope to walk to the village for a couple of things, I have a greenhouse project to try, then I think loads of reading time, luckily for me hubby is a book worm as well. 

3 comments:

  1. Your grandchildren are going to look very smart, and keep snuggly and warm, in their woollies this winter. I'm glad to hear that Will is enjoying school, it's nerve wracking for parents when their little ones set off into the big wide world, especially when it's your first, so it's a relief when all is well. I've never read anything by Nora Roberts but she seems to be a prolific writer, I've heard quite a few people say that they enjoy her books but we don't all enjoy the same things. We haven't had much rain at all here. Saying that, we had a few spots on Thursday evening whereas Eleanor got drenched in the centre of Leeds on her way home from work. It just goes to show how different the weather can be within just a few miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the look of your knitting ...

    That is a lovely picture of Will.
    Our grandchildren were back to school this week. They seemed very pleased to be back and seeing all their old friends again after the summer break.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely woollies,Molly's pink dress particularly. Gorgeous picture of Will all ready for his first day at school.He looks very eager. I live right beside a school which some neighbours complain about but I like to see and hear the kiddies with their parents going to school every morning. I like to hear the laughter and talk, albeit sometimes a little one crying because it is all so new. Through out the day I can see the children in the playground doing PE and other activities or just playing. I miss this during the summer months. I have never read any of Nora Robert's books before but this one looks interesting. Keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails