Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 8 September 2021

Nanna's pot

Apparently this pot is for Nana, that's what Will said when he saw it in the shop, it goes with my others, he is called Neil, better than the name Will quoted, 4year old boy humour, Neil Armstrong, 1st man to step on the moon, we had a lovely conversation about space travel. 
Gardening, Science and General Knowledge all in one pot. 
We have had this resin rabbit a few years, he was a dark brown and looking very tatty, this was the best colour paint we had, hubby has done a great job, I love he still has his features. He's now back in the herb bed along with a few other rabbits. 
I have beautiful flowers in the greenhouse, and now with the hedge gone we can see them from our outside table, the white flower is a 1st time flower, the tiny pink ones flower a couple times a year. 
We have loads of late summer flowers, the begonia's and coleus are stunning.  
I am so lucky to have this fuchsia, it's a cutting I grew last year, the parent plant died over the winter, the colours are stunning and another chimney with Begonia's. 
Our wedding anniversary was a quiet one, daughter came over with Will and Molly, George was in nursery, we had lunch together, sat outside in the shade and watched and played with Will, loads of baby cuddles. Later we had fish and chips for tea, we stopped going out for a meal on our anniversary years ago, at the same time we stopped giving each other gifts, a card is all we give. 

Tuesday another bright sunny day, I had sign class in the morning, and the rest of the day at home, hubby was out most of afternoon, I can't say I did much, garden is tidy, house is tidy, I have knitting and a book to read, what more should I require. I had loads of nice comments, I decided to wear a summer dress, I have a few, and I decided it was wrong not to wear them, I want to wear everything I own, even my posh dresses. 

Today I'm off to school at lunchtime, it's Wills 1st day and I will go with mummy to collect him, I have everything crossed he will enjoy himself, he is happy with the visits he has had 🤞🤞

My black bin has arrived, I had to change the bottom of the garden outside the greenhouse to fit it in, hubby drilled holes along the side at the bottom of the bin, I have a wire rack inside, I now have to wait until the Magnolia tree leaves start to fall, we will shred the leaves and leave them in the bin for a year. I am not sure what they will become, I hope leaf mulch, but I would be happy with any sort of mulch, which can be used next September around my beds. 

I've not yet tried my sisters sewing machine, I have had a look at the manual, I think it should do what I want, best thing is to find some time, a couple of days, set it up on dining room table and have a go. There is no rush I have plenty of time to make this project, or if I can't, time to order what I need, it's not needed until early December. 

6 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful and so uplifting.
    Wear those dresses, life is not a dress rehearsal, today is what matters.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed wearing my dress and will wear more, it was good to smarten up.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your posh dresses! Years ago I met an old lady who was lamenting that she had never used her best teaset and now her daughter-in-law (whom she disliked) was going to inherit it. She told me always to use what you own - I went home and unpacked my own teaset and it still gives me joy to use it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already use expensive glasses, I got rid of our middle (everyday use) set, I love using them. In this house if it is not used it's passed on, we have far too many possessions.

      Delete
  3. Himself has a pot like that but it has a huge round lightbulb for a head . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been trying to think what head shaped plant I could pop in there, a succulent comes to mind, but for now I will try and keep the plant alive.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails