Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 31 March 2021

March roundup


I purchased my succulent's and some late summer flowering bulbs, and another bag of grit and compost. I got a couple nice tea towels, useful for sewing, no wool or other crafting supplies this month. A more normal spend this month, but spring always brings cost. 

One household cost, with our lovely neighbour we have had gates put across our shared drive, big wooden ones, which were hand built on site, they fit perfectly and look good, we shared the cost and now the back of our homes are secure. 

Our waste is brilliant, we are now looking at everything, and when packaging either plastic or carboard, comes into the house we are now looking to see how we can use it again. No food waste at all, this is really pleasing as food waste has loads of different cost, the peeling of our veg feed the worms who give me compost, not is huge amounts, and the bonus of pleasing Will every time we look at the worms. 

I have learnt a new term this month Flexitarians, we decide not to eat meat every day, so we do come under this term, but we do not follow any diets. 

My be kind this month was another simple thing, I've sold my bike, the roads are just too busy for me to feel comfortable, I've had a couple too close for me rides, a lovely young lady purchased my bike, it was more than she intended to spend, but the bike was much better than she hoped. So to help I gave her my helmet, gloves, rain wear and puncture kit, saving her a fortune. 

We have started walking more each day, my steps are still lower than I like but that's due to it being cold and wet often, next month we hope to get closer to the levels we were walking last year. We have stopped snacking, my only treat is a bag of lemon sherbets, which have to last, we did lose a small amount of weight, so everything going in the correct direction. Being out in the garden helps as I don't sit for long, I can always see something to do, all the bending, lifting and stretching should help. 

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm, lemon sherberts. I haven't had any of those for years. My memories of those are when they were in paper bags and they got all sticky. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I much prefer to walk when the weather is cooler so in the coming months my steps will be less

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am slowly getting my steps back up to where I want them to be. It helps to have a watch that beeps when I need to get up and move.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We try so hard not to buy items with plastic packaging too and to find a use for plastic items we do have. It certainly is a challenge! I love the spring and summer as it really gets me moving more. Scarlett likes looking at the worms too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails