Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 12 March 2021

Turning buttons

I was asked to collect together a pint glass of plastic buttons, I wanted to use some from my stash, all these buttons have been used and cut off clothes before they are thrown away. Loads have memories, some of them are from my daughters clothes when they were much younger, I did add some beads as well, bits which I had left over from projects. I tried to ensure there was lots of colourful ones. 
So these were collected by a local man. 
 They came back as this...


My friend does not use resin, so I could not ask him to make the dish, the wood turner who made this lives in our village, his work is often on facebook, I fell in love with the design, some of my birthday money spent, a perfect for me gift, plus the 2 stained glass Robins, which can be out all through the year. Neither was cheap, but all are special, my button bowl is in our office, I can see it everyday, I'm just so pleased to have it. 


8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea. Some people are so ingenious! I love the robins too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use up your buttons, it's beautiful so unusual. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so special...all those buttons holding so many memories embedded in this gorgeous dish. The robins are unique too. Keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How absolutely special and lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great piece made from your buttons. Lovely robins too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely idea.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love your button dish. It is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails