Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 11 March 2021

Gifts

A present from hubby, it's the new updated version of this book, he got it for me for Mothering Sunday this weekend, but having purchased it on Amazon, our Alexa gave out the full notification it would arrive that day, giving the surprise away. 
A gift to myself, these dropped into my shopping basket last week, from Lidl, so not expensive, they will last for weeks, my triple Orchid is looking brilliant, most of the buds are open and the plant is full of blooms. 
The very best place for flowers is always in the garden, these daffodils are filling this bed with colour, in the sunshine they are stunning and in between loads of buds of things coming back to life, so much hope in a small place. 
Hubby has been busy again, he purchased this bench last year, it was falling apart, he has enjoyed rebuilding it, it is for the garden at daughter and SIL's house, Will loves his bench at our house.
Will and George came on Wednesday with mummy, daddy had an important work call, so they came and made their noise at our house. Will is army mad, we purchased 2nd hand a tank, tank carrier and loads of soldiers, he happily played with them for hours. 
I'm not sure if I am angry with hubby, I did say no gift's this year, I would not have purchased this book myself, so it does make it a perfect gift. I have pulled out a couple of older gardening books to pass on, I have limited space for books in this house, so they do have to earn their space. I have 1 book shelf in my office with all my craft, gardening and other special books. 

It's another nothing week, it was nice to have the sunny cold days over the weekend, we both got a few simple task done outside, nothing happening does not make interesting blog post, I have decided to have a cross stitch update once each week, it is growing fast as I stitch for hours each day.  Seeing the boys and daughter brighten our day, we are now having to watch George, he is fast as crawling, he loves our cats baskets, nothing is out of his reach. 

Our garden survived the winds last night, the wobbly fence by the house is still intact, nothing else was damaged, I did take to pots of flowers off the metal table, the wind hits that area very strongly. At the moment we have bright sunshine and blue skies at the front of the house, looking out the patio doors, all I can see is dark clouds, another day inside. 

4 comments:

  1. The wind started here through the night and it's blowing a hooley still, it terrifies me as it can wreak so much havoc. Oh, I didn't realise it was Mother's Day this weekend, that's crept up on me this year, dates which usually mark the passing of time seem to just come and pass us by when we're in lockdown. How lovely to receive the perfect gift from your hubby, a shame Alexa spoilt the surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Windy here too. Washing on line though with 5 pegs per T shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bench is lovely, I do like the back panel it’s very unusual. The sun is shining today but it’s still blowing a gale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes the winds were very strong last night!

    The bench looks lovely and what a very nice gift for Mothers Day. I like Monty Don.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails