Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 15 March 2021

Weekend.

 Mothering Sunday this year was different, still fun, we had George on a sleepover on Saturday night, so loads of giggles, George sat and watched some 6 nations rugby with Grancha, we don't normally have TV on, so he was really interested. 


Cards are always welcome, this year an extra one, Will made cards for nana(me) and grandma, a birthday card for grandpa, he insisted on making Grancha a card as well. I love George's handprint on the front of my card and the happy family photo on the Somerset boys card. 


Hubby made me my favourite marmalade cake, a treat to last most of this week. 


George slept until 7am on Sunday morning, which was good, we had a morning together playing, he loves both cats, but especially Purdy, who allows him to touch her. The house looked like a toy shop for the morning, mummy collected George at lunch time, so a restful afternoon. 

It has been a really cold, wet and windy few days, I am tired, I have not slept well for 5 nights, hubby sleeps through everything. The garden is not damaged, most of what can be blown about is still in my shed, where they spend the winter months. Our fence near the house is really wobbly but still standing, it will be a problem at some point, the mother next door passed away last year, so we only have the mad daughter to deal with, but we have time until the fence completely breaks to think of a solution. I slept better last night, woke up to a calm sunny morning, so feeling a bit more upbeat.

We did pop to B&Q, hubby needed some wood, I did get a few bulbs, my rhubarb plant in a huge pot is not growing, so I will turn it into another huge mixed flower pot. It was strange going out in the car, the daffodils along the road side and on roundabout's are beautiful this spring. I do need to pop to Lidl's today, to get fresh food, I am only going once every 2 weeks, we are saving so much on our food bill and still eating very well. 



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely weekend you enjoyed. Glad that George got to have a sleepover with you.

    Those cards are so cute.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased you had a good weekend.
    Your cards look lovely and that cake delicious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails