Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 20 March 2020

Knitting and other things

The yoke of my knit down cardi, this is just 4 rows short of the pattern requirements, I got hubby to measure from the back of my neck to the top of my bra, 25cms which was lower than I need, so I am thinking I should finish the yolk at 22cms. So from now on I am making this up, which is another 8cms, I don't mind if it's a bit looser, I am repeating the increasing in the design, so the neck line looks right.

 I've not done much on my socks, I have started the 2nd sock, just because I can, as yet I have not got the full foot measurement for the 1st sock, so I can still knit on the 2nd sock. 
I had some fresh pineapple which needed using up, not made a pineapple upside down cake in years, and it taste as good as it looks, had some with custard after tea last night. 
 I broke the stalk off this plant, so I have cheated, these are silk, but in the real plant pot, it looks good.
 Grace and Purdy have the right attitude,
 sleep through everything. 
I have placed another yarn order, a couple balls of my cardi shade and a few more colours, I want to try a different crochet blanket, it's a form of Tunisian crochet, which will have loads of stitches on the hook, it's a simple patterns, so not too many stitches, but should be fun to do. I have been watching loads of videos.
We are both getting on well together, don't get me wrong, we do not argue much, but forced to stay so close to each other can bring out the best or the worse in everybody. We are getting up later, having a long breakfast together, doing a bit of housework, after lunch we sit and hubby reads, I do craft. We try not to have TV on until the government press conference, when we listen to Boris.
I have set up a family group on messenger, and my brother made a conference call to us all, no one knew what we were doing, but it was a good laugh, my SIL, had to be talked through on how to turn her camera on. It's one way for us all to keep in contact, there are 6 of us.
We walked to our local co-op, it was empty of bread and milk, so I walked to Iceland, got milk and bread, both for daughter, it was horrible in there, everyone pushing and moaning, I'm glad to be home. Later daughter is coming with Will and George, we decided the risk is small enough, we know this will be the last time we see them for weeks. Will is covered in spots, but as a family we need time together, it's going to be hard in the coming weeks.

4 comments:

  1. I hope your cardigan is a success this time round, it's a lot of work if it isn't, but it sounds as though you've worked out what needs to be done. Skype and Facetime are great for keeping in touch with friends and family at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pineapple upside-down cake looks delicious. I've not made one of those for years :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've not had pineapple upside down for years ... but I do have a tin in the cupboard so maybe in the weeks to come we might.
    I've spent more time on the phone this week than I have for such a long time, people phoning here and me calling to check on older people locally from our community centre who do not have internet.
    The cardigan and socks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the remake of your cardigan. Hmmm, the cake looks wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails