Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 31 October 2022

October round up

 I have spent more in the garden, I got a lovely wooden raised bed, with shelves underneath, to be used as a cold frame and paid for a storage box, which I am chasing a refund as its not been delivered. Almost no craft items, I have loads here to do, as the weather starts to close the garden down, I now have more crafting time. I did get my Christmas snow globe, I've added cost to my list, don't think I want anything else.

Our cupboards and freezers are full, and with spaces on supermarket shelves, we don't aim to let our stock fall, we are carefully shopping when we need to. What we are eating is changing, the slow cooker is out more. Our air fryer broke, its over 4 years old, hubby called Morphy Richards, they did not do repairs, but offered him a 30% discount on the latest model, so we now have a new one. We also replaced the quilt on our spare bed  it was looking scruffy, it's years old and been washed many times. It was also expensive on petrol, I filled up twice, normally we don't use our car much, but staying at daughters, I was doing school run twice a day, the school is too far away to walk.

We received our 1st £66 for our heating allowance, which will help with winter bills. Our heating has been turned on, set at 19°, but as yet the radiators have not heated up, the house is retaining any heat, the mild weather is helping. 

Still no food waste, we only purchase what we need, we don't often impulse buy, it's a very easy habit to get into. Hubby has started a weekly menu plan, helps us to know what fresh foods we need.

My weight is down, my clothes feel loose, which is very pleasing, I've not been this low in weight for a couple of year, but still not close to where I want to be, but it's another positive marker along my weight loss journey. I am struggling to keep my steps high, but I will do as many as I can.

4 comments:

  1. I love the origins of old phrases and the one to tighten one's belt came to mind when I read your post. You sound set for the cold winter months and I'm a little bit like yourself - stocked up and always thinking about using what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, it seems to be out of the question these days to mend household equipment. I remember we used to replace the element in the kettle - now we have to replace the whole kettle.
    Congratulations on your ongoing weight loss :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so very worried that we would have to replace our range as the oven quit. Harvey got it going so hopefully it won't need replacing for a very long time.

    So far not many empty shelves here, but the prices are ridiculously high for groceries and seem to get higher each week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the weight loss. LB took the air fryer to Uni with her. We could do with another one for us.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails