Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 12 October 2022

There is

 no place like home, 

my garden is full of colour, the warmer weather is fooling my plants to stay blooming, I love the view from our sitting room and last night sat and watched it grow dark and all my solar lights come on. It was bliss.



This pot on our decking has mock orange plants in, I popped some violets to grow under the main plants, they look stunning, I love these tiny blooms, I have them all around the garden.

Hubby has been busy through out the house while I was away, he has cleaned our cooker (which is 16 years old), it is regularly cleaned, but we do like is sparkling before the festive season. We did look at replacing it, but found nothing we liked, so it stays. He also popped a unit under the downstairs sink, we have had a few issues with this sink, and hope the unit will sort everything out. 


Sadly on the last day at my daughters I twisted my back, so I am again in pain, I did it picking a small toy up off the floor, just silly, so I am being very careful at the moment, so a few days crafting.  I have also another patch of ringworm back, in a slightly different place, I now have more cream and a body wash, I have to rub on area, leave for 5 minutes before showering

It's sunny and bright this morning, I did get up very late, so there is not much of the morning left. I did miss the children's bedtime routine last night, hubby made me rest, I watched Bake off and then went to bed.

I have loads of plans in my head, nothing big, just a few things in the garden, the greenhouse tidy can wait a week or two. I have my cross stitch, my knitting and a book to read. I will leave my sewing machine to the weekend, again I want my back to heal. 


6 comments:

  1. It's so easy to twist your back with just a small movement like that - then you're in pain for days! You have my sympathy.
    I agree about wanting a clean stove for the festive season. I'm allowing myself to think about Christmas now, especially as this year we have family visiting ( first time in years ) so we'll need to be organised,
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your back is playing up again, no fun. I'm not surprised you had a late start today, looking after small children is tiering.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you've hurt your back. How lovely of your hubby to clean the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is looking very nice, and the weather these past few days has been lovely hasn't it.

    Sorry that you've hurt your back, hoping it heals soon for you.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poor back. Its so easy to twist it and takes ages to feel better doesn't it Marlene. I did mine bending over the sink to clean my teeth and it's still hurting nearly 2 weeks later. It makes you nervous of any bending or lifting. Hope it feels better soon.
    Your garden looks lovely, still full of life and colour. I love our solar powered lights too and close the blinds only when I have to, to keep the room warm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, I am so sorry you twisted your back. It is always some little thing that we do that causes us to have back pain.

    Love your garden.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails