Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 23 October 2022

Faking it

I love this selection of autumnal silk flowers, the acorns with the blackberries sing this time of year, both when purchased were expensive, now years later, they have earned their price tag. These sit on my kitchen window sill, and will stay here until spring next year. I have a couple real plants on the other end, these make me smile every time I see them, I love the old jug as well, it's not water tight, so perfect for my silk stems.
This Poinsettia is again a few years old, it's out early this year, I wanted colour in the sitting room. None of my Orchids are in bloom, so I have silk blooms in two, they look good, the real leaves hide the fact the blooms are silk, both blooms are white. I do love my two little pots here, they are fun. I gave up years ago trying to keep a real plant alive, our cool sitting room does not give them the conditions they need to thrive.
My sewing to growing, the rainy days give me afternoons inside, when the light is great for stitching. I have a clearer plan for the right hand side of the purple flowers, still undecided for the left side. I do enjoy the tiny stitches, I can loose myself in these patterns. All the threads I have in my stash, I have drawers beside my chair, I can sit and choose what to use next. 
 
I have been baking, tell you more in next post, the house is full of citrus and spices, I have one more bake to do, so the oven is also warming the house, it's not really cold here as the rain falls, I've timed it right for being inside. We were watching the thunder storms at 6.20am this morning.

Nothing much is happening here, my back has improved, it's still tender, so I will rest and sew. Both our cats sleep all day, neither are young anymore, Grace still loves my lap in the evenings, she is my living hot water bottle. Hubby has very little to do, we are not getting out much, a walk to the village is a highlight, we can get most of what we need locally. I am looking online for a few Christmas gifts, I'm doing food hampers again as they were loved last year and a couple of hand knitted socks.

We are planning a trip to Newcastle in November, hubby's older brother and sister lives close by, both partners are unwell, so we thought a visit would be nice, it's years since we visited up north. Normally family visits center around locations in Wales, but his older siblings don't travel so much, I am looking forward to catching up with them. We are planning an overnight stop on the way, I don't think it's wise to try the whole drive in one day.

6 comments:

  1. Your silk flowers look wonderful, certainly a good investment. I have an orchid (a real one) that husband's daughter gave me when they visited a month ago, amazingly it's still alive and actually thriving. I've never had much luck with keeping orchids alive in the past, fingers crossed I can keep this one going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your autumnal flower arrangement. Looks so real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a few fake flowers and foliage, they really cheer things up
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Autumn arrangement on your kitchen window. we're lucky that it's still quite mild, we also had lots of rain in the night and there has been some road flooding around us. Glad your back if feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like your autumnal flower arrangement.
    Nice to be planning a trip in November ...

    Have a good new week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silk flowers look more real every year and yours give that extra pop.

    Stitching is coming along very well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails