Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 30 October 2022

All together

Soon the bathroom window sill will be full if colour, this plant always blooms a bit earlier than others I have, it's not a warm room, but it does get all afternoon sun.
Our cats have the right idea, lazy late mornings, all snug in these beds, they both love to snuggle, Grace loves to tuck herself right to the back when grandchildren are here, they can't see her and they don't try and play with her. 
More stitching, another design almost finished, I have added a first colour to the top red design, I think it looks better. I have also started working on finishing the right hand design, I have made my colour choices, all I have to do is stitch. I'm a good quarter way through stitching this project, it's steadily growing.
I've finished knitting my socks, I will sew all the ends in today on both recently made pairs. I am about to choose some colourful yarns for the next pair.

I have finally sorted the last 3 big pots in the garden, all the gladiola bulbs have been removed from 2 pots, they are in the garage drying out for use next year. My cider pot under the Magnolia tree has a couple of cyclamen and loads of spring bulbs in, I transplanted the tall fuchsia from this pot, next summer I will pop in a few bedding plants.

I've had my blood test, the nurse was successful on the third attempt, this time she listened to my suggestion to use the veins on my hand. At no point was I telling her how to do her job, just suggesting what has worked before, she did agree I did test her skills, the doctor added my annual cholesterol and pre diabetes test, so I hopefully won't need another blood test for a while. I do have lovely bruises on my hand, again that's normal for me.

We are at the end of another month, 2022 is rushing by, we have a busy November, loads of birthdays, a trip 'up north' and preparing for Christmas. We will be at daughter and SIL's house on the day, with our 3 youngest grandchildren, home the rest of the time, my brother Martin will be here, he will be with his daughter, SIL and grandson on the main day, as they are having their 1st Christmas at home.

Fireworks have already started here, very loud, Grace spent call last night on my lap,  she did not relax at all. We sat up late until all the fireworks had stopped. 

Did you remember to put back the clocks last night.

6 comments:

  1. No fireworks heard around here, not that we hear many any year, being such a rural (and farming) area. Good to hear you got your bloods done. I'm due my annual diabetes ones anytime soon, I'm not easy to get blood out of either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cats look very comfortable ...

    Have a good week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is still lots of colour in your garden and you stitching is beautiful and so unique. There have been a few fireworks around here but not to many yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching is so colourful. I love it, and those socks look great.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool cat beds, but I feel for all pets with fireworks going off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when my Christmas Cacti start flowering. They are now producing small buds, so it shouldn't be long. Your cross stitch has really come along. Looking lovely. I think we are staying in London this Christmas. Myself and LB will probably be working right up to the day and possibly after, but I don't mind. I'm just glad to have another job.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails