Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 17 October 2022

Resting hobbies

Book 77 read this year, I've not read a book for weeks, this is a brilliant plot, 3 women, 3 time lines, what happened that night? I enjoyed every word, the time lines were done well, each giving another lead or clue, nice ending. In the authors notes she said this was her lockdown novel, I don't always enjoy this authors work, but I loved this book.
I am happy to be stitching again, the break whilst at daughters house, left me eager to do more. The red hearts are finished, I have stitched the pink design around them, I'm not totally happy with the pink, but I'm not unhappy enough to unpick it. I've started another design, in hope it will bring both sides together. My head is full of designs, trying to think ahead, balancing colour and patterns.
Last week when in TK Max  I got another smaller snow globe, it is musical, but I'm not to bothered about the music, I think it's very pretty, what do you think.

On thursday we went to B&Q and I got some half-price plants and then into Home Bargains, we did not need much from either store. I did get a few Christmas gifts, mainly sweets, Home Bargains shelves were full of Christmas items. 
Friday we went into Fareham it's turning into a ghost town, so many empty shops, M&S leaving has harmed our town centre. We took the bus using our bus passes, so free travel, hubby sold his old mobile phone, he was pleased with their offer, we had a cake and coffee out, it was too early for lunch. 
Saturday morning I was home alone and managed a bit of housework, later we got our covid jab from our doctors surgery. Hubby made a batch of minestrone  soup, with fresh baked rolls, lovely lunch and plenty for in the week. He made a toad in the hole for tea, using pigs in their blankets, took the meal to another level. Toad in the hole is sausages baked in batter, pigs in their blankets are sausages wrapped in bacon. I changed my summer silk flowers for autumn ones, which I have had for years, I always love changing my silk flowers. My silk poinsettia is out, a bit early, I do love the bright red leaves, again this plant is a few years old.
Sunday I was sat all day, my back was aching, I had done too much in the previous days, I spent the day sewing, it's lovely to have an enjoyable day crafting.

My back is not healing as quickly as I hoped, probably because I keep doing things, I have promised hubby I will rest for 3 days, in hope I can rid myself of the pain and discomfort. No side effects from the covid jab, just a sore arm, which should heal quickly. Thank you for your comments, too many of us suffer from back issues, it's definitely no fun.

7 comments:

  1. It is always really hard to be patient with my back healing. I just see things around that need doing or I want to get on and do and then the back problem just lasts longer. Hope yours starts to improve soon Marlene x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the snow globe, it's so festive and your stitching is gorgeous.
    You are so right about back pain, Marlene, there are a lot of us suffering with the same thing. I do hope yours feels better very soon. It's so easy to do and so hard to recover from isn't it. Take it easy today x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that book in my bookcase waiting to be read so thanks for your review. I'm the same and haven't particularly enjoyed all of the author's books but from what you've written, I think I will enjoy this one.

    I hope your back pain feels better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, toad in the hole using pigs in blankets sounds divine. I'll have to try this. It would even be a good meal for Christmas Day if you didn't want to eat too much meat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That book sounds a good one.
    I do like your snow globe :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pigs in Blankets here are what we also call Sausage Rolls. Love the idea of sausages wrapped in bacon. Bacon makes everything taste better.

    Your stitching is coming along so nicely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Using pigs in blankets to make toad in the hole is genius, must remember that one :-) After seeing all the data collected about the vaccines I won't be having a booster, I only had one vaccine anyway and regretted that, so didn't have the second.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails