Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 21 October 2022

Normal life

Wednesday Molly came to play on her own for the first time in ages, she is walking all the time, she is now at the perfect height to touch things, she was good, just found my collection of hearts which made a lovely noise as she moved them. I don't have many girly things here, she plays with her brothers toys, and loves books. She is so much like my youngest daughter (her mum), she got very tired but was not going to sleep at all.
I'm again pleased with my design choices, it took longer to decide on these two designs, I think they fit. I do love the pale blue lace, it's really pretty. Both designs are from the same designer, I did 4 stitch alongs with her back in the early 2010's, these are taken from those designs.
I am still deciding on what to use to fill the space to the left of my purple flowers. On the right I will use a mixture from Jan Houtman design, which I used on my last mixup creation, I love his designs.
I have not done the toes or any stitching up on my first sock, but the second sock is growing. They won't take long to finish.
My daughter has early priority to O2 arena, and on Wednesday she was able to purchase tickets to see Michael Buble before they go on general sale, we had been chatting and I said I regretted not being able to afford to see stars live when I was younger, we looked at Elton Johns concerts, his final tour, but the resale tickets were over £300 each and the sites selling them did not have good reviews. So next year we have time together, I'm looking forward to it, she even ensured we were seated.

Daughter is really pleased, she finally has a blue badge for George, so she can park in disabled spots when she has him in the car, it's taken 3 years to get it, but life will be easier, as there are never enough parent and child parking spaces and sorting a pushchair with a disabled lad and a younger sister is never easy.

Daughter is really kind to sort my ticket, she will drive us to O2 in London, the show is at 6pm on a Sunday, so we won't need to stay, and can drive home the same day. She would not see Michael Buble if not for me, it would have been the same with Elton John, she says we have to do 1 concert per year.

We have not done much again this week, a quick pop to Lidl, they sent a £5 off a £40 spend, just as we needed a top up shop. I have been good and rested, just doing the odd simple job, the house and garden is tidy, so hubby is not doing much he is now picking up leaves every couple of days, next doors overgrown jungle is shedding into our garden. The sunny warm days have been wonderful, now we are set for a few wet days, so time inside crafting.

7 comments:

  1. What a happy smiling little girl Molly is. Your stitching is beautiful, so intricate, you must have so much patience, as well as talent. How lovely to be going to see Michael Buble with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly is so cute!
    Love your stitching, it is looking fab.
    I bet the Michael Buble concert will be brilliant, he's got an amazing voice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how exciting to go to a Michael Buble concert. I love some of his songs. Thank you for your best wishes on the job hunting. I got offered a job yesterday and have accepted it. I'm hoping I will enjoy it, as it is in the field of home furnishings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet photo of Molly - I love that look of adventure in her eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet picture of Molly :)

    How lovely to be going to see Michael Buble, I'm sure it will be a fantastic concert.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Molly is growing up so quickly, I'm glad your daughter has got her parking badge sorted, it's a nightmare trying to park and have enough room to get kids out of the car.
    I love going to a concert but i'm afraid I would have to give Micheal Buble a miss as I can't stand him 🤣 I'm sure you will have a lovely time though if that's your thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that your daughter has been able to get the blue badge finally. I hope it makes things easier for her with the children.
    Have a lovely time at the show .

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails