Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 29 October 2021

Doing good.

 We all know here in UK how wonderful our NHS is, our local hospital has never let anyone in our family down, from my cancer treatment to hubby's heart attack, babies being born and sadly friends at their end days of their lives. 

Now we add the fantastic Great Ormond Street children's hospital in London, it was decided locally to send Will there for his operation, daughter and SIL were impressed with the care given to grandson Will and to them at every stage. Whilst a routine operation for them, they acknowledged how major it felt to parents and how scary to a 4 year old boy. The care given whilst hoped for, is not always given in every hospital, here he's just an hour after waking up, our brave little man. 

He's had his bubble (birthmark) all his life, its going to be strange not to see it. He often would suck it inside his mouth, another reason to have it removed, if he had an accident and bit into it, he would have had heavy bleeding. Look at his beautiful brown eyes, unusual for a blonde haired boy. 
Daughter, Grandma and myself, Nana are putting our heads together to do a fundraiser for Great Ormond Street, like all hospitals most of their huge scanners and other equipment is paid for by fundraising, we won't raise huge amounts, but wider family will donate, and as they say, 'every little helps'. 

I've had brilliant medical news, after my blood test, my pre diabetic levels have gone back down to 42, which was my level 2 years ago, I am so pleased with myself, its not been easy losing weight, keeping it off and getting more active, all the hard work has been so worth it. Sadly my cholesterol is higher, its not unexpected, I've know my cholesterol is too high since I was 19, for years I controlled it by diet, but these days I take statins, I will have to have stronger pills. High cholesterol and diabetes go hand in hand, so I'm pretty pleased with myself. 

8 comments:

  1. What a brave little boy he is. Looks like the op was successful though.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww bless him, what a brave little boy he is. Our NHS is wonderful and Will had the very best care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased he is Ok - he is beautiful with or without his bubble - strangely my blonde haired grandson has brown eyes too though he was born with blue like his mum.
    Well done on your fallen levels and all the hard work you must have put in to achieve that result. I find it is hard to concentrate on your own needs when you are busy with your family and grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brave little boy.Quite an ordeal for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I am very behind with blog reading. Good to hear the operation went well - you must all be breathing a huge sigh of relief. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad Wills op went well, he was so brave!
    Incidentally, my husband was blonde (he has lost all his locks now, ha, ha, but he has brown eyes, my middle daughter was blonde with brown eyes too.
    Well done to you too for getting you diabetes levels down, it's not easy to keep weight under control as we get older.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased the operation went well.
    Well done on your diabetes reading :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will is such a brave little fellow. I had brown eyed, blondies as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails