Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 6 July 2021

Still playing

The arbour is in place with a temporary net to stop the birds feasting on my fruits, after the fruits are finished I will get some new nets and cover each side and the top with a permanent wall of net, it won't notice too much. I will then make a weighted front, which will be removable when not required. It's a posh fruit cage. 
I did move the sink with my grasses to the front and the other blueberry tub to the back, I feel it looks neater. I can extend the net to cover this bush next year. My blackberry is now in a trellis, I will let the plant grow through, but it will keep the main stems together. I have seen a hedgehog sleeping in the broken pot, so that can stay here, it's much neater.
Hubby liked a railing here at the front of the decking, it makes this corner look tidy, we did not like them across the whole front of the decking, we often walk on the lawn and did not want to block our path, or the view from our sitting room. 
Another looks nice here behind the small bed by our back door, it's a good way to add height to this garden, giving interest to a plain wall, I will hang my slate butterfly here as well. 
Thank you for your comments on my last post, it seems as if we all love a good bargain. My sister said I was lucky, but it was a case of checking the selling site until I found what I wanted, I have spent too much time on my phone in the past few weeks, I'm pleased to now be free from it. 

Hubby did not like the 2 railings in his front garden, so we used them around the decking, both of us agreed they looked better here. I popped the 4 poles in my side garden, they add height and interest. The other 2 railings will go in my raised bed, with cheap plain posts, not that you can notice any difference they just disappear. We have rats again at the bottom of the garden, so hubby needs access to the boundary fence behind the raised bed. 

I was asked to participate in a government test, so yesterday I sent back my covis test and did a large questionnaire on line, it's now a case of wait and see if there is any more to do. I have indicated I will be willing to do more. 

Monday was a lovely day, sunshine and warm, I spent most of the time outside, it was good to tidy along the garage at the back of the garden. I dug out the sink to move it, it's heavy even when empty, I was surprised how much soil went back into the sink. Lots of dead heading, which is keeping the blooms coming, this is the best the garden has looked in 11 years in this house. 

I had 2 sleep overs with daughter, Will and George, over the past few days, daddy was away with work, so it was perfect for me to do the bedtime and morning routines. Her bump looks beautiful, she is blooming, just wants baby to arrive. We are having boys extra this week, George all day Wednesday so mummy and Will can go out for lunch and the park together and Will on Friday, he asked to have a play day with us, these could change if their sibling decides to enter our world. 

Today some of us are meeting for sign classes, I'm not sure there is much more we can learn, it's more about using sign language rather than studying images. Hubby is having Will and George whilst mummy goes to see her midwife. Nothing else planned, it's a case of waiting..... 


4 comments:

  1. You've put the railings to good use as well as the arbour. Fingers crossed your daughter won't have long to wait now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve been reading here for a while but just got an account. Congratulations on the arbor! I needed to replace one at our old home, but everything looked flimsy. We sold the house without replacing it, the new owners ripped up all the gardens anyway! Best of luck to your daughter and family 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the railings and the arbour look good.

    With your new Grandbaby due any day now I think it's a good idea to keep as free a diary as possible.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. The railing looks quite attractive against the white wall. Your fruit cage is great :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails