Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 18 July 2021

At home

Another brilliant book, only just over 500 pages, this is book 3, so I'm reading out of order, very enjoyable story, my 30th book this year. I have started reading Lethal White, the storyline has been broadcast on TV, so I will see if I can read it after knowing the storyline. 
We stopped for a cheeky afternoon treat on Thursday at our village bistro, we did walk home taking the longer route, through our park. As always it was delicious, they do make a good cup of coffee.  
Yet another photo of Molly, this new baby is bringing joy to our family, we are loving seeing so much pink. She is just over a week old, we visited on Wednesday and played with both Will and George, and cuddled Molly, daughter is doing well, daddy is not going back to work for another week.
I have started her cot blanket, made with 4ply 100%cotton, it's going to be cot size, so cotton is best as it does not give off fluff. For both Will and George I used white and 3 shades, so I have kept this pattern going, it's easy to crochet.  
I am loving having a full craft bag by my chair, and doing such a colourful project, but starting a blanket just as a heat wave comes is not the best. I would like to get it done so it can go in her bedroom adding colour. 
Much of my time is outside, I always walk around the garden 1st thing, just checking, making note of jobs needed doing that day. My greenhouse door is always open at this time of year, I do have an automatic window opener, to help keep the heat out, I don't shade the greenhouse as our Magnolia tree shades it in the middle of the day, I do each evening spray the inside roof glass with water as well as the floor, which I think helps the plants inside. I have loads of cutting and seedlings in there, in hope to make more plants for next year. 

We are now spending more time outside, we had friends over Friday morning for coffee and cake, a neighbour popped in Friday afternoon, and in the evening hubby hoisted a committee meeting for 8 people.  Saturday was a day home together, we sat outside for our morning coffee and cake, chatting together, later we had a BBQ together, our Pergola gives so much shade on hot sunny days. 

Flies are again a huge problem outside, hubby found some great fly traps, which catch the flies and have to be emptied, it's the most disgusting job, but they do work well, we also light citronella candles on our big outside table. My lemongrass did not survive the winter, so I have planted mock orange plants in the huge trough, they are tiny this year, but should grow for next year, I hope to keep the plant smaller, lots of trimming to keep it in shape, they have a very heady scent  which should make sitting out a nicer experience.  

Today is another hot sunny day, nothing much to do, we have to clear the bathroom as we are having a new floor tomorrow, nothing much to move out, hubby is just ensuring everything is clear and tidy. We are hoping daughter will pop in with Will, George and Molly, it will be lovely to full our home with laughter. 

3 comments:

  1. Your afternoon treat looks delicious, that's what summer days are all about, a little potter about and a sit down to enjoy the each other's company with a little treat. Not much crafting going on here in this heat, it's just too hot to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe how much the coffee differs in the various coffee shops. Our release is to go out for a coffee as Tom can't walk very far and we have found a place near to our seafront that makes a really delicious coffee.
    I have a fan from Amazon on my desk that is so efficient that I can sit in front of it a crochet, it is free standing or you can clip it on a table etc only about 8" across so not intrusive, just in case you want a solution.
    I acan't bear it if I can't do my crochet. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your afternoon teat does look nice.

    Lovely to see Molly all dressed in pink :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails