Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 16 July 2021

Harvest

I have already harvest 3 cucumbers, and there are a couple more almost ready, plus loads of smaller ones, this plant is doing well this summer. 
My tomatoes are not so good, I have a few on the plant, they are slower than normal, smaller as well, but the plant is healthy. 
Blackcurrant Bush is full, I have picked twice, but there are still loads on the bush, I don't like them, so these are all for hubby. 
The blackberries are full of flowers so the promise of a good harvest to come. I did cut back the bush over my shed, and will allow the regrowth next year, I do like this branch along the side of the garage.
I have 3 blueberry bushes, this being the smaller pink berry bush, all are full and all ripen at different times, I love blueberries. 
Lime plant still has some flowers on and tiny fruits starting to form, these if I can grow them will be my 1st citrus fruits. The larger plant is my lemon and the smaller plant at the back is an orange.
Yet again my Olive tree is full of flowers ready to form fruits, sadly the leaves have been blown off this year, but the tree is looking strong. 
This begonia is full of flowers again, it spent the winter in my unheated greenhouse. 
I love this clematis, Little Lemon is growing well in the pot and my small obelisk, I am dead heading in hope I can get the plant to grow just a bit taller. 
I have planted this fuchsia in my raised bed, it was a cutting from a plant in the side garden, which last winter died, I think it will do better here, it already looks very healthy. 
The whole garden is looking good, after the huge amounts of rain everywhere is looking colourful, I did stake many of my plants, a few pots are back in the greenhouse to protect them from the rain. 
Now we are back to sunny weather, the garden is being used most of the day, my sheltered pots are being removed from the greenhouse and placed around the plot, adding colour to spots.

Thursday was a day at home, most of the time outside, hubby gave the drive a good sweep and wash down, then cleaned the windows, I worked in back garden, I put new netting on the fruit arbour, the new black net disappears better than the old green net. We moved my Olive, hubby was not happy as the flowers were dropping over our outside table, I'm not sure I like its new position, but it's to big to go in many places.

Today is another day at home, we have friends popping in for morning coffee and a chat, later in evening hubby has a group using our garden for a meeting. So everywhere has to be tidy. 

3 comments:

  1. All looking good. My tomatoes are growing but none ripe as yet and my potatoes are flowering so they'll be harvested soon. My blueberry bushes are packed with fruit again this year and they're just beginning to ripen so it will be a race to see who gets them first, me or the blackbirds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is looking very productive. The weather looks like it will be glorious this week, so I expect we'll all be spending lots of time outdoors. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your cucumbers look amazing. We haven't grown any this year. Our Tumbling Tom tomatoes are ripening but are very disappointing, dry and tasteless despite regular watering and feeding. We (read I !) have dug up some of our first early Colleen potatoes and they are delicious. We are supplying family and lovely neighbours too! And we have some second earlies flowering too.
    Your garden looks so colourful, I especially love the fuchsia. Have a great weekend Marlene X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails