Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 15 May 2021

Some you win....

Had a wonderful lunch on Thursday with old work mates, not seen them since November 2019, it was a long lunch sat outside, with gift swaps as always, Ann make the most wonderful preserves, and a new face mask. For a short while everything felt really good, catching up with everyone's news and a bit of added gossip, Ann is retired like me, whilst Lizzy still works at the same place.
 Friday was not so good, I had a pedicure booked, I have a cough, so I took a test just to be sure, it was negative as expected, but the lady refused to do my pedicure, can't blame her, but what's the point of taking test. I sent her all the information on Thursday evening, so at least I did not turn up on the day and upset her. I have another lady doing my pedicure next Thursday, happy to see me.  
We stayed in on Friday morning, waiting for the post, medical delivery for hubby, can't be left on the doorstep, later we drove to a local  Dobbies garden centre, hoping it might have improved since our last visit, Plants did look better, but I'm not impressed, won't go there again, I got just 1begonia.
Hubby got a couple of dahlias for pots in his front garden, not sure how long these will last, he does not care for his plants once planted and complains when I do anything. 
I had loads of emails from Blogger this morning, they have deleted 6 of my post, they don't give induvial reasons, just refer you to their policies, I'm a bit at a loss to why and what's happened, I have never knowingly put any contentious content on my blog. Their links are so general it gives me no help. On checking, the post I think are to do with my cross stitch project, so I assume it's about copyright, but in each case I have paid for the patterns from the designer, maybe someone does not like what I am doing with their designs. 
I drove on the motorway M27 and into Portsmouth on Thursday, it was so strange to be driving again, most of the past 15 months I have stayed local, but driving into the city where so many things have changed, it was surreal, the roads felt very busy, cars everywhere, I drove to the bottom along the sea front, which was so lovely. 

Today is my mammogram, the lorry is in our local carpark, so just a quick pop out and get it done, no other plans this weekend, nothing required, nowhere to go, so just time at home together. I am hoping to finish my cross stitch this week, and I have plenty of books to read. 

I did get some gardening done, I have planted loads of bedding plants in hope they survive the weather and slugs, they are all a healthy size, and ready enough to be outside. My Acer is looking good in its new home, the leaves did not drop off, I love watching the branches dancing in the wind, our small wild birds are in it through out the day, it was the best decision to place it near the decking. I have loads more in the greenhouse, which I hope to plant this coming week, hoping for loads of cour this summer. 

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time catching up with your friends, I don't think get togethers will ever be taken for granted again after the past year and more. I hope your cough's a bit better now, though I'd be tempted to have a test sent to a lab if you have symptoms as advised as the tests you take at home can give inaccurate results. I've never heard of Blogger removing posts before, I wonder why that's happened, it's not as though your posts contain anything suspect. I hope the mammogram goes okay, it's not the most pleasant thing but definitely better to be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This problem with deleted posts seems to be happening to a lot of people so maybe it is a glitch with their software. My own blog was marked as a deceptive site that would be asking people for money - definitely not the case and I was able to get it changed very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just seen a comment on another blog say they'd had a post deleted but received an email the next day to say it was going to be reinstated. Let's hope it's the same for you.

      Delete
  3. How strange, especially not giving a thorough explanation. Love homemade preserves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think blogger deleted quite a few bloggers posts last night, one of ours was but it was reinstated.

    Hope your mammogram goes okay.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of blogger removing posts before, are you allowed to appeal the decision?
    That was a bit harsh not seeing you after you had got a negative covid test, like you say, what's the point if they are not going to accept it, glad you found someone else. Hope the mammogram went ok, I had one a few weeks ago, they are not very comfortable but well worth the few minutes discomfort for
    the peace of mind.
    I popped that book in the post for you so you should have it Monday or Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails