Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 31 May 2021

May roundup

Nothing again on craft, and not too much on the garden, I now have most of what I need.

I did purchase some underwear, we went to big out of town retail park, which has a huge M&S, I do always love their cotton undies. 

Our week break was paid for last September, daughter suggested we holiday with them, we decided to have a separate home from them, our spending money came from our Christmas gift money and our £2 saving jar, we brought money home which has gone back in the jar. 

No big purchases this month, nothing we really need, we should be looking for a new cooker, but hubby repaired the fan oven last year and it's still going strong, it must be at least 16 years old. We are thinking of getting someone in to tidy our wooden floor, there are a few gaps, and it could do with a light sanding and new varnish, it's a big job as it cover everywhere except the bedrooms, it's another thing where we look, make note and talk about it. 

Our heating was still on!! mainly it came on in the morning, our strange spring this year is throwing everything out of cycle, it's off now. I am sure the garden is about a month behind. 

Our waste is brilliant, we never fill our recycling bin, we try and not bring packaging in the house, no food waste again, we are always checking the veg/salad drawer to ensure everything is used. 

My weight has stalled again, just not walking enough, I'm in the garden more, so I do move through out the day, but just can't get into the habit of going for a brisk walk. We both eat well, and limit our sweet treats, it's just not enough, at least I have not put any more weight on.

We here in UK use over double the amount of renewable resources from our planet each year, we are not the worse or no where near the best country, things do need to change. 

4 comments:

  1. Yes my weight has stalled too, we also need to get out more. Well done on the low waste efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite scary how wasteful we are in this country, especially as we're only a relatively small nation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always buy my underwear from M&S, other brands just don't seem to measure up, though I'm getting a bit fed up of the wires poking out of the underwired bras, they don't seem to last as long as they used to. Our heating has only just been turned off too, I hate being cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While my weight has stalled yet again, I am losing inches as my clothes seem to fit a bit looser. Hope that continues.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails