Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 19 May 2021

As the rain falls

This book started slow, 3 stories, but they came together beautifully, there were bits which rang unbelievable, the ending was a bit different, but it is fiction. I enjoyed the plot, book 19 read this year
This is a wow book, a hard storyline as they often are from this author, she tackles some mighty issues, as always she steers you through each persons story,  real life to fiction, brilliant sad ending, book 20 this year. I am going to send this to another blogger. 
My book arrived from Maggie, thank you so much, perfect timing this is my next read, love the packaging. 
I'm looking for something to do, I've not grown anything from seed for ages, so I'm having another go, these have been soaking for 48 hours, on my desk over the radiator in hope the heat will start something. I have no idea if this will be successful. 


The whole weekend was a washout with rain, heavy rain both days, but the soil under the surface was dry so this was much needed rains, and I have full water buts, other than a walk around to check everything on the way to my greenhouse, I have done nothing. My plants I put in the side bed, still looks good, as does my moved acer, the heavy rain is doing good. 

Plenty of reading and stitching time, Grace has had longer on my lap, she follows me around until I sit down, I did manage some housework, listening to lots of music, just another boring stay at home weekend.

Monday I went for a walk with my neighbour, we drove 15 minutes to Lee on the Solent, a small seaside town, it was dry but very breezy, we did stop for tea and cake inside a lovely coffee shop. 

Tuesday we had George, mummy took Will out with other children who are starting school in September and will be in the same class, it's a wonderful idea, they hope to keep meeting with the children, a great way for them all to get to know each other before the scary big start day. It was a day inside for us, George doesn't walk so we could not play outside, we have plenty of things inside. 

Today we have George and Will, mummy and daddy are looking at bigger cars as their family is growing, another day inside, it's raining here. 

6 comments:

  1. The weather is very mixed at the moment, we've had thunder storms, hail, wind, rain, all mixed with sunshine. I think the plants are enjoying it as everything is growing well, the grass desperately needs cutting but with rain mixed in with the sunshine it just isn't drying out enough for us to be able to do it. Enjoy your day with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your day with the boys.So lovely to be able to see them a lot now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a coffee inside a cafe the other day, for the first time in so long, it was lovely. Something I've been missing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the fact that we're getting so much rain this spring. So different to last year and the ground needs it so much. Grass looks so lush in the parks, as opposed to brown and dry. At home, everything is also looking lush too, which makes me very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been lovely here today, for a change, we too have had so much rain and even hail on Sunday. I read The Husbands Secret quite a few years ago and remember liking it, after that I did read all of Liane Moriarty's other books, they are easy to get into. Bonnie should be starting school in September too, although I have to admit that I would prefer if Joanne would defer it, it will only be a couple of weeks after her 4th birthday, too young in my opinion. It's good Will is getting to know who else will be starting school with him, it such a big thing for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our oldest grandson Josh was the same his 4th birthday was in August and then started school a few weeks later, we were worried as he was so young, but he did so well.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails