Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 30 May 2021

Back home

I enjoyed this book, I have not read this author before, the plot was great, but I thought it ended so quickly, in just a couple short chapters, I will try another of her books. 
This was the last of my library choices, it was a soft story, in which the lady was always going to succeed in everything and get the guy at the end, I normally don't read this type of book, but it made a good holiday read, my reading total this year is 23 books, down on last year, but my cross stitch took up so much time. 
I have cast on a pair of socks, using lots of left over yarn, these are for me, not my normal colours, but they will look good as I wear alot of blue. 
I love my Peony, sadly just one flower this year, I need to dig them out and separate them, the roots are too big, I can feed the soil around them as well, daughter wants a bit of this plant, I will replant in the same space. 
We came home earlier than planned, we decided not to visit family in Somerset, we both have colds, cuddling a poorly George spreads the germs, driving the A303 on a Friday at the start of a bank holiday was a nightmare, probably not as bad as traveling on other days over the weekend, but it did look as if everyone was having a break away from home. We did get lunch with hubby's elder brother and his wife, we had not seen them for 2 years, it was nice to catch up, whilst eating outside in the sunshine. 

Saturday we both took a covid home test, thankfully both were negative, we hoped this would be the case, but just because we are meeting up with family, does not mean it's safe out there. 

Having 2 extra days at home was bliss, apart from laundry we had little to do, I did spend loads of time in the garden, I had a few plants ready to go out, hopefully if they are not ate, the planting is done. We stayed in our village, only popping out once to see daughter, Will and George, the decorators spent time at daughters house painting bedrooms, so Will was excited for us to see his 'new' bedroom. I can't go away without giving the house a good clean, so on arrival back home everything looks lovely, just a few more cat hairs on the floor, so no housework, our neighbours feed our cats for us, they have 2 young children who love our cats, it's a perfect solution for us. 
Sadly within an hour of our return. we heard loads of screaming from next door, she went out in the garden to scream at us as well, apparently our drug fumes are killing her, we have reported her yet again to the police. 

2 comments:

  1. It's a shame you had to cut your holiday short, though your family are probably pleased that you're not sharing germs. Even if it's not covid they won't want colds passing on to them. Glad you managed to catch up with your hubby's brother and wife though, it's nice to make connections again after such a long time apart. Sorry to hear you came home to more ructions from next door, it's a shame we can't vet the neighbours before we move into a house, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had to cut you holiday short, although best not to share the germs (or germans as Bonnie call them :-)
    Sounds like you do the same as me before going away, clean the house top to bottom and then do the same when I get back! We do like to make work for ourselves don't we, ha ha.
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails