Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 15 January 2024

Doing nothing.

I saw this, it amused me, as it's so true. 

I have been watching True Love on Channel 4, it's about school friends who are now retired, they go to a friend's funeral and lament about getting ill, and jokingly form a pact to help if anyone wants to end their lives, I started watching it because it was set around Burnham-on-sea and Clevedon, places in Somerset from my youth, with a brilliant cast. It really has got me thinking, often after the programme finishes I am thinking about life, I'm healthy, but that can change so very quickly, It's a very relevant, and thought provoking, well worth watching. It is something I have thought about for years, we have more compassion for sick animals than humans, who are allowed to suffer until their natural end of life.

I did my 1st Pilates class this year on Thursday evening, loads of new members, Rosie took no prisoners, it was a tough first class, so I ached for a few days, missing all of December has not helped. I know once I'm back in the rhythm, I will feel much better.

Daughter came over with Molly and George on Friday, they do play well together, our house looked like a toy shop, I had hoped we could play outside, but it was too cold. Hubby and I had a quiet afternoon, very quiet for me, he was fast asleep for ages, I can't sleep in a chair, so I sat reading.

We had a simple weekend, we prefer not to go outside our village avoiding any crowds, we have not walked to the village much this week, we did walk twice to our Co-op, hubby is using his gift card for any shopping we need. I have been knitting and reading, watching a bit more TV, it's always better at this time of year, we are enjoying Pottery Throw down and I have started watching Traitors. 

I hoped it would be a cheap month, but sadly not, our CCTV system which is over 10 years old failed, we decided we would replace it, our neighbour is very quiet at the moment, but that could change, I like having the support of the cameras. I also thought my keyboard was not working properly, it's a wireless one, but hubby changed the batteries, who knew it had batteries, and now it's working again. 

Going into town this morning for our fruit and veg and then on to a garden centre, I would like some seeds and a wander around, I still have my birthday gift card and a bit of cash, I might see something, I might not. 

13 comments:

  1. I haven't seen True Love, it sounds thought provoking. I've never watched Pottery Throwdown or Traitors either, though we're tending to watch less and less TV these days. I'm glad your neighbour is behaving at the moment, it must be so stressful never knowing when she's going to start up again. CCTV sounds like a very good thing to have when she's so unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a long time I wasted time worried on what she might do, these days we get on with our lives and will sort anything if it comes our way

      Delete
  2. I haven't watched True Love but have heard good things of it. It is true that we have more compassion for our animals (if we are responsible owners) and do not make them endure more than they should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was recommended that series too - but found it too hard to watch . My husband died in March 2023 from cancer - he was only 63 - and whilst I commend the acting and the story line , and any conversation it will promote , it’s too soon for me
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for your loss, it's not easy for you, I hope you find your path.

      Delete
  4. I have watched the American version of Traitor's, but I am interested in the one you are watching if it is British.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I was bored and did not turn the TV off as normal, and I enjoyed it, much better than I thought it would be.

      Delete
    2. We just finished watching the first series. Should be starting the current series soon. It will be interesting to see if there are many differences.

      Delete
  5. That cartoon is good isn't it :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really identify with that Pickles cartoon :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beginning to feel a little like I've been in hibernation this year so far... however today I'm due at the care home for a few hours...testing the water on hopefully a light shift. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I would stop by to say Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog, it's always good to see you. I got started looking at all the beautiful items you have made and enjoyed seeing them so much! You are a talented crafter! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I wrote about Truelove on my blog, And visiting s gardens centre with a money gift? Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails