Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 11 January 2023

Midweek

We daily walk through our local park and can you imagine the joy of seeing tree's being planted, they had 5 different trees for this section, having already planted a Magnolia tree in another part of the park. These are much bigger tree's a couple of the ones planted  before had been snapped, hopefully these will survive. I know we are very lucky still to have a council run parks department, they do get loads of sponsorship from local businesses, most roundabouts have company names on them. 
The pink squares are finished, I have also done the gaps in the Spanish flower section and added 2 more boarders from the design, this section is done for now. I will stitch on the left side and bring the level lower so I can put the longer side frames on. I am having a bit of a ponder on what to do next, I had a design in mind, but I don't think it fits, so I need a rethink. 
These hexagons are growing, I'm am resting for a few days, my sore finger needs to heal before I make any more, I have a leather thimble, which I can't get on with and my metal one slips off unless I cut my finger nail right back, I'm not prepared to do that, they take so long to grow. Changing the inner hexagon colour does make the flowers look different, I will be making loads of repeat flowers. 
I've started reading again, I have not read this author before, I started the book in December and put it down, so I started it again, I enjoyed the story, very easy to read, I would read another book from this lady. Book 2 read this year
I got these bulbs/corns in Wilkinson's, cost me £11, they were on my list  for the garden this year, the Lilly of the valley is for under the raspberry canes, the begonia's for various spots which need more colour, the Astrantia I have never grown before, but I've wanted one for ages. Have I broke my no spend in January rule, I did say no spend on craft, so garden things are OK?
We took the bus to town on Monday, and passed more trees being planted along the route, can't wait to see what is growing, we are just so lucky. We only went for fresh fruit and veg, sadly the stall was not there we did not go into many shops, there is nothing we require, so once back home we drove to Lidl and get a fresh veg and fruit plus a few other bits, hubby wanted some fish and a pie. 

Last week our food spend was £23.43, which for us is very good, this week will be more. We normally pop to a shop to get a couple of things and come away with a few bargains, which are always used, I am hoping we can get out of the habit of walking to the shops most days, with a good supply of fruit and veg and milk, hubby makes bread twice a week, and eating from the freezer, it should be another low spend week. 

Tuesday morning sign group met again for the 1st time this year, only a few of us there, so many bugs going around, we split into pairs to ask each other 5 questions using sign and answering each question, Linda and I both got 3 questions each right and struggled on the other 2, I really enjoyed it, practice is what we need.  



5 comments:

  1. Your stitching is coming along wonderfully and I enjoy looking at what you have added. I hope the council are going to put protective cuffs on the bottom of the trees to stop rabbits and squirrels having a feast. It’s heartwarming to see planting going ahead and I may just take a trip to Wilco’s today to see what bulbs are in stock. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have rabbits here, it's too urban, and the squirrels don't cause problems, it's just the humans who like to swing on the trees and snap them. Thank you for your kind comments regarding my sewing.

      Delete
  2. Your sewing is lovely. It is heartwarming to see new trees being planted, I do hope they are left alone to thrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good to see new trees being planted.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stitching is moving right along. Begonia's are one of my favourite flowers for our deck.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails