Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 23 August 2022

New start

In truth the whole year has gone sweeping by, it's so strange we have long lazy days, but the weeks and months fly by. 
I loved this book, it's the 4th book set in Promise Falls, normally I do get fed up when an author keeps going back to a location, there is only so much can happen in a small town. This is a standalone book, with a few references to a previous year (The Twenty-three), he is very ingenious with his story lines, again he builds and send you in all directions, he is clever with his words. Book 74 read this year.
I have a very small start in a new cross stitch project, it has the same start as this project, I love this DMC shade 452, I am only doing the smaller section in this corner and not adding any of the centre designs. This is using my last DMC Monaco, evenweave Lugana 28 dpi. Using the same mix-up of designs as last time but differently, I'm happy with a big project on the go and sad as this will probably be the last project of this size using such a fine dpi (dots/holes per inch). 
More flowers on my Chinese witch hazel, it was purchased in October 2020, and this is the best it's looked since it arrived here, loads more flowers. 

We are now back to a typical british summer, cloudy and rainy days, all good for the garden, but I've not been able to get outside much, there is plenty to do, nothing which can't wait until a warm dry day. Hubby cut back the tree's again, mainly off the top of the Magnolia, it was getting tall, the twisted willow was in full growth  mode, they do grow huge, we are having conversations regarding removing it, it grows so fast. We are still in drought, no using the hose pipe.

I am still picking raspberries, but they are small, I am also picking blackberries, not so many this year, as I trimmed the bramble right back last year. I hope to sort the strawberry tower this week, It will go back to the spot by the garage, it's very sunny and through the winter months I can tuck it around the side out of the wind. 

Nothing much is happening here, I managed to catch another tummy bug from the children, mummy and daddy got it Friday and Saturday, I was ill Saturday and Sunday, hubby suggested I should limit the contact as the little ones often give me bugs, well! that's not going to happen. I have also a kidney infection, did the online consultation, got a call from the doctor and an appointment all on the same day, I have a scan and blood test booked as well, just to be sure. Our surgery has sorted their issues and working well, things will never go back to what they were.

Today the sign ladies are hoping to meet here and pop to Portchester Castle for a walk and tea/coffee in the church tea rooms, I am not going, I just don't feel up to it. Hubby and I did pop into town (Fareham) on Friday, we purchased nothing, it was nice to pop in, but most of the shops are now out of town, we went by bus, so other than a coffee and cake, nothing was spent. 
 

2 comments:

  1. I was only saying yesterday that winter seems to have gone my so fast this year, maybe because it has been an exceptionally mild one here or perhaps I have not been well enough to notice. Spring is arriving and the birds are starting to nest. I hope you get to enjoy the last days of summer, and no more tummy bugs. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like summer has just arrived and is now almost over.

    Love the pattern and colour of thread you are using.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails