Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 3 August 2022

Home....

 Songbirds is a beautiful book, a slow pace, a maid goes missing, and the police are not interested, so it's down to those who knew her to find help and answers. I loved The Beekeeper of Aleppo, by the same author, so I had high hopes for this story, she did not disappoint, I could not put it down, read on our couple of days away. Book 63 read.

Another good book, I have often said I don't enjoy American crime, this set in a small town on the edge of the wilderness, it twisted and added at every turn, I guessed some of the plot, but not everything, I did love the main characters. Book 64 read this year. 

This book was in places confusing, as more family information was given, it gave more questions then answers, the flash backs were not always obvious, but the end did sort loads out, it's hard to say much about the plot, except she was the girl who escaped.  Book 65 read this year.

I have re-potted some of my houseplants, Bette was not looking good the peals were tiny and not healthy, also my pineapple, spider plant and Chinese money plant all needed fresh compost, hopefully they will thrive again. They look droopy, but should perk up soon, I've moved some, my office space is cluttered as the plants and pots get bigger. I do need to find a stand for my spider plant. 

I've not done much crafting since I got home, I'm loving the reading time, just sat with the doors open or outside in the shade, it's bliss. I am still working on my hexagons, I'm determined to finish the sewing machine cover. I have a couple of other projects in the planning, I have 5 or 6 friends of Luna Lupin to make, plus clothes, I have 1 big cross-stitch canvas I would like to use, whilst I can see to stitch the 28 dpi, I'm thinking another mix-up design, I enjoyed making the last one. I also purchased some curtain fabric, just the sample piece, only cost £2, it colours my sister would love, just to decide should I make a bag or cushion cover for her. 

Tuesday we went to a new garden centre for coffee with the sign ladies, the coffee and chat was brilliant, but the garden centre was lovely, but much the same as our local one, so probably won't pop back there. 

We are having cloudy muggy days, it's got warmer again, but no rain, not had any decent rain for almost 6 weeks. Southern Water is imposing a hosepipe ban from Friday, its not for us we use Portsmouth water, but we are expecting them to follow, I can still use hose for my pots, the main garden I don't water so much. We are forming a plan for another waterbut, we already have 3, it will be near the front of the house and catch rainwater from the roof, hubby thinks in a drought, he could redirect the waste pipe from our shower into the butt, therefore giving us a good extra supply, our products we use are all delicate, without colours or added smells. We would not need a permanent attachment from the shower, that would be to much water when we don't require it, if it works it should be brilliant. I still have rainwater in my butt's, as some plants don't thrive on tap water, I am being very careful. 


4 comments:

  1. You are doing so well with your reading.
    Songbirds does sound a very good book.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa Gardener writes great mysteries/crime stories. I haven't read that one yet so it is going on the list.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a lovely long list of titles, can't wait to read them.

      Delete
  3. We are thinking along the same lines with installing extra waterbutts and using grey water where we can.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails