Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 26 August 2022

Nothing doing here.

I enjoyed this book  it had a good story, young women are kidnapped and left in the wild in a heatwave, lots of clues and strategy. It had a good pace about it which kept me interested in the characters, following the clues along the way. Book 75 read this year.

I have done very little sewing, I started the next pattern and then thought I had gone wrong, so I packed it away, next day I checked and there are no mistakes. 
We have had more wet days then dry in the last week, not heavy rain, often in the morning with sunny afternoons, two of my water butts are full, the third bigger one is getting higher. 
I love this view, it was an original bed just a couple of shrubs and full of coloured stones, there is a photo in this post it's now a colourful spot, everything here is ours, it's taken a few years to work with the heavy clay, just one last job here to put a slim channel of grey slate at the front, to match our other beds around the lawn.

I did manage to do a full house clean, top to bottom as my mum used to say, I was shattered afterwards. I am reading loads, and doing a tiny bit of stitching, I've not done anything with the fabric for Molly and Georges clothes. I should have been outside in the garden, but that can wait, the ground is now wet. 

I still feel yuck and very tired, not unwell just yuck, I keep overheating, worse than my normal hot flushes, I am taking a course of anti biotics from the doctor, I have a blood test later today and a scan next week. 

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails