Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 31 August 2022

August round up

 

I have been sewing, so supplies have been purchased, no other craft items, mainly fabric for clothes for little people. In the garden a lovely garden decoration and a new tower for strawberries, no plants, it's not wise to have anything new in a drought. 

I did purchase a pair of trousers to replace a ripped pair and a reduced pair of sandals, this should be my last clothes purchase this year. I have also sorted out some clothes lurking in the back of my wardrobe for years, all have gone to Sally Army bins. 

We have both purchased 'new' mobile phones, expensive but necessary, over time we will gain huge savings, using our sim only monthly bills. Whilst the phones are new the models are a couple of years out of date, much cheaper, plus they only need charging every 2 days instead of every day.

We are back to being very good with our food waste, our portion sizes have been shrinking, and the only waste we have is peelings, which all go into the composter. We are still picking fruit, raspberries and blackberries now. 

I am feeling a bit better about my weight, I've lost some weight, I was moving more and eating less, hopefully I will feel better soon and move more again. Yoga is on hold, my shoulder is playing up, I have tried to do some simple moves at home. 

2 comments:

  1. You have had a very good month with spending, well done 👍 I haven't bought many new clothes this year but it's our Granddaughter's 18th birthday party on Saturday so I had to buy a dress (the only one I own) @£29.50. Not too bad really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good month for spending. Hmm, I wonder if this was the month that all phones needed replacing. We had to do the same here as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails