Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 29 August 2022

Weekends

I done a good amount of sewing, I am changing colors and mixing the designs, generally having fun. This section is loads of repeat designs  so i dont have to keep checking where i am on the design. The hardest part is not clashing colours, I am lucky as I seem to have a good eye for colours.
Will is getting very good at climbing this frame, almost to the top, we walked to the park on Sunday afternoon, he loves it here and only 5 minutes walk from our house. Don't belive the sky, so full of dark clouds, I'm not sure where they dropped their rain, definitely not on our garden.

Hubby got this trike out for George, but everyone wanted a go, Molly could not reach the peddles, that did not stop her from having a go. George climbed in the back on his own.
Will enjoyed giving lifts to George as well, George did manage to peddle himself, but enjoyed just having a lift. 
We are having quiet days, I had my blood test on Friday, I have a scan on Tuesday, I'm just so tired all the time, I do a simple little task and it wears me out, I'm overheating all the time, which stops me from going out. I am sleeping well, I'm exhausted every night. We have not left the village, we have everything we need here.

I am enjoying my cross stich, its fun at the start  of any project, and with this one, which I don't know what the finished work is going to look like, it's better than normal. I have not read much, I just can't settle with a book at this time.

Sunday daughter came for lunch with Will, George and Molly, daddy is working in Belgium on the F1 race IT systems, we had a glorious roast beef dinner, first one in ages, lots of clean plates. Most of the day was outside, the children love the garden, and the new trike was a success, its so lovely to see all three playing so well together, lots of laughter. Will stayed for a sleepover, he was in bed and asleep by 8pm, all that fresh air is good for him.

Today was an early start, Will never sleeps in, which is OK, I can rest later, he has said he wants to help in the garden, so I plan to move a couple of plants together. Hopefully mum got a later start, the younger two don't wake up as early as Will. Apparently its Bank Holiday Monday today, again we won't be doing anything, living so close to the coast and lovely beaches, the roads will be packed, everyone hoping for a last day at the beach.

5 comments:

  1. I live in Brighton. And Hove and the roads in on Fri and Sat were nose to tail. Like you we will be staying put.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely to see the children having so much fun in the garden and on the trike.
    Enjoy your cross stitching. I look forward to seeing how it progresses. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see the grandchildren having so much fun ... special times.
    Hope your scan on Tuesday goes well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Will is sure climbing well.

    The cross stitch is moving right along. I am a sucker for clashing colours. I always seem to do it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - is that Will? Wasn't he a tot, not so long ago? He has grown like the proverbial beanstalk. It's good to see the kids playing together, and enjoying the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails