Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 9 May 2022

Lost days

I love this author, always a good read, I had seen this book a few times, it is huge 666 pages, and proof of a second coming, did I want to read it, I have passed it by a few times. As always a brilliant plot, very clever, lots of different people, wanting different things, the story line was clever just enough to keep it real. Book 40 read this year. 
I am finding it difficult to remember what books I have read, in the last 3 to 4 years I am reading more thrillers and crime books, so now I carry this thin address book with me, I add each book I have finished. If there is a star next to a name it's an author I really like. In the case like Peter James who has written loads of books it's handy to remember which titles I have read. How do you remember what books you have read?
I have done some more squares, I decided to finish the orange section, this thread has knotted and twisted the whole way through, I was very careful, but it was a bit of a chore. The final box in the corner is the only colour I have changed, I did not have the shade suggested, but I thought this was close enough.
My bedding plants are ready to go out, but I will wait until next weekend, the pots are in a tray without holes, so I can keep them watered through the day, I now leave the door open at night so it does keep the daytime temperature down. 
Hubby has changed our tables on the decking, we don't know what our neighbour has done, but it is attracting magpies and large crows to the back of her house, they have been sitting on our canopy frame  and pooping on the table and decking. hubby has put some spikes on the frame, and so far it's working. Every time she does something next door it always ends up costing us money, hopefully if the decking stays clean we can swap the tables back. The fence panel is still broken, we can live with it, there is a fine net across the gap on our side to keep her cats out. 

I've not done anything in the pass few days, I have had the tummy bug from the grandchildren, I spent most of one day in bed, the next day reading all day, Saturday I was able to pop out for a walk in the garden, Sunday, which was beautiful was another day at home, hubby went out on his motorbike and loved it. We did walk to the shops for fresh bread, it was the most beautiful hot sunny day, spent mostly outside, sadly I was not ready to have a BBQ. Hubby has been wonderful, he does care for me so much and not once did he utter 'I should not see grandchildren when they have bugs' he knows I will always be there for our daughter. 

Today it's my haircut, I have messaged my hairdresser so she had the choice if she still wanted to come, she said yes. Nothing planned for today, maybe an hour in garden, I'm feeling much better and want to do a bit more on our project in the next couple of days. 

7 comments:

  1. Good to know you are feeling better and I hope your grandchildren are recovering well. I take it you can't speak with your neighbour, I must say she sounds a nightmare. I'm surprised you can keep her cats out of your garden as I sometimes see cats scaling our fence and even sitting on the roof of our shed. Is your embroidery roughly following the colours of the rainbow? I always think of the saying Richard of York gave battle in vain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep track of my books on Goodreads, the mobile app also let's you scan books and add them to your "to read" shelf so you don't forget what you've seen. It's a great site, I've been on it for years and have different shelves for years etc. I did buy a book record but goodreads is so much easier. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little book of books read dates from 1971. Its an A-Z and has had loads of extra pages stuck in. I thought about rewriting it all into a bigger book but it would take an age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use Goodreads to track what I've been reading. It also allows you to keep track of the titles you'd like to read, which is useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better. What a gem of a husband you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you are feeling better. My your plants are growing well.
    I keep track of my read books in a small notebook, or sometimes on a page on my blog. I usually forget to add them there though.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you I keep a record of books I've read in a notebook. Sadly, I've only read 5 books so far this year. I've had a lot of mental distractions. I hope to start reading more soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails