Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 22 January 2022

Slowly does it

 One of my parcels have arrived, this was the 2nd replacement parcel, from Hobbycraft, who handled the courier delay in my 1st parcel so very well. It is a bit bigger than I expected, but it's perfect for my project trolley, it sits in the corner of my craft room and can be wheeled out when I am crafting. 
At the moment I am using it for rabbits and other handmade toys, the bottom tray has fabrics, a couple old pieces of clothes I want to use, middle tray is my tools plus, buttons, braids and other bits. The top tray is for patterns and the cut out bits. You can see my fibre, which I am still working on. 

Another smaller parcel arrived, this was expected a purchase I asked for, made by a lovely lady from Bits and Bowes, I have used her a few times for embroidery, I would love a big machine, but the cost for the model I want, is very high and I would not use it that much. These will become footpads for each animal. 
I have not given up on my cat idea, I have changed the colour of the felt, this is a rust colour not shown well in this photo, but seen better in the photo above and purchased a thinner felt, which when adding the fibre it's not too thick, this is now working. I have 2 more pieces to work on then I can cut out the cat. Molly won't be able to play with it, but I am enjoying the challenge of making it. 
A happy cast on, men's socks shoe size 7, so not too big, I was chatting to the owner and her husband of our local haberdashery shop, she does not knit and he has never had home knitted socks. I asked him to choose his yarn, he agreed with having the plain blue top, toes and heel, I'm enjoying knitting. 

If the 1st parcel sent from Hobbycraft arrives, I will refuse delivery, so it should get back to them. The last parcel, which I am wanting is now almost 3 weeks late, the company has responded very slow to my ticket I placed asking for them to trace the parcel, today they asked for a review of my purchase, so I have stated I have not received my parcel or any help, not the way I would like to behave, but they have almost £50 of my money, and I would like the goods or a refund.

I have not started any sewing, but I have most of what I need to start, it's just a case of getting going. We have been out most days this week, hubby has is doing everything he can to help me feel good, January is always a hard month for me, feeling so sad and blue, even the lovely sunny days have not helped. 

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've finally got a replacement parcel from Hobbycraft, the wheeled trollies are so handy for all manner of things, aren't they. I think January is a tricky month for so many people, the days are short, we're in the middle of the winter months, Christmas has been and gone, and also a new year can bring mixed feelings too. I do find that getting out of the house for a good walk definitely helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad at least one of your parcels arrived. I have the Ikea version of that trolly, in grey.
    I don't mind January at all, although I know a lot of people don't but I look on as a new begining, like a new page in a book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your craft trolley looks great. So easy to move around to where you are working. I hope you get some sort of resolution to your missing parcel. I had one at Christmas, whereby the courier said it had been delivered but I never got it. Luckily, I think I got a refund, but I need to check my credit card statement before I'm sure that I did, as I'm waiting for it to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your craft trolley looks very good and I like the blues for the socks you are making.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. half the motivation for being creative is having the right tools for the job! so hope the rest of your order arrives soon. So much post is getting delayed and/or lost just now because of staff sickness amongst the delivery firms I think. I have been waiting since before Christmas for swimming goggles off Amazon - so long I totally forgot until yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a lovely trolly. You are sure going to get good use out of that.

    Love those blue yarns. They will make lovely socks.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely goodies . I also have one of these lovely trollies , very useful . Mine doesn't have that cup attachment . Sorry you are feeling blue . I agree with Jo , try get out into nature for a little walk every day and not watch so much of the news and listen to only happy music while you stitch . The days are getting longer again 🌞 Daffodils are coming out down here, Spring is on her way !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great trolley for keeping all your bits and pieces close to hand. Sorry you have been having trouble with your deliveries though. I haven't tried sock making yet but must give it a go one day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy, that's a shame you are having such bad luck with the company. I hope they make it right with you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails