Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 4 January 2022

Flowers

My 1st book finished, it was a true story of life in the child care system in 60's and 70's, at times it was so sad, but an interesting read. I read only 44 books last year, I hope to read more, but I also want to keep active and get out more. 
These plants are still looking good inside, I have packed away the basket, so now they each have their own space. The Amaryllis is really tall and I'm hopeful to see these pink blooms soon, the other 2 bulbs are giving me only leaves. The other 4 plants will at some point go into the garden.  

I have limited colour outside, along with the first crocus coming into bloom, I have cyclamen still doing well, and still some summer flowers, it's far to mild for January, again my garden is confused. 
Both my outside Hellebores are growing, the dark flower, which is in a huge tub and blooming and the white flower which is under the Magnolia tree and springing into life. 
I have done very little crafting, I need a few supplies and our local shop was closed until today, I will walk down later to get what I need. I did try some knitting from the book in my last post, but I had problems from the start, I spoke to my friend who has used the same book, who confirmed some patterns had issues, including the one I had started, again it was confirmed by a comment on my Instagram page. I will check on other patterns, I would like some knitted clothes for my rabbits. 

The house is tidy, all beds have been changed, I do like to keep our spare bed clean and ready for visitors. It does not feel so dull and grey this year, we are still having rain most days, but not heavy storms. The forecast is for it to get colder, temperatures should drop to their normal levels for early January. 

We have started walking each day, not long walks, but getting out each day, I'm not hitting 7,000 steps each day yet, but it won't take long to get there and then on to my target if 10,000 each day. 

5 comments:

  1. The poor plants won't know where they are when the cold weather strikes this week, it's been so mild so far this winter. You should have a bloom on your amaryllis soon, I've just started off the one I received as a Christmas gift, I always pop one on my Christmas wish list as they're such a fun plant to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday was so lovely and mild here but today it's 5 degrees and feels much colder than that. We had a good walk yesterday but I still only managed 3,600 steps because my hip begins to hurt after that. I don't count the steps I'm doing pottering around the house because I don't have a step counter. I only know what I've achieved through G's phone. I need little and often I think to build up my stamina. The last 2 years have taken their toll :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might try an amaryllis next year - not bothering with a poinsettia again! I definitely need to be walking more this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's nice to get out for a walk each day, although I think the next few days the weather is going to get much colder and more like January!
    Take care.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can hardly wait for our temperatures to go up for a bit. Right now (well for the last week and a half) we have been suffering from extreme cold. Today was one of our coldest with the windchills bringing the temperature down to what feels like almost -50C. Too cold to do anything outside.

    How wonderful you still have some colour in your garden.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails