Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 7 January 2022

Back to normal

My 2nd read of the year, this is their 2nd book, just about family life and working at the Chateau, it's a very comfortable read, we know them both from their TV shows. Both hubby and I enjoy watching/reading how Dick works things out make-do-and-mend, I'm not a fan of vintage, it's not a style I use in our home, but I do love the beauty of some vintage items. 
I have started knitting this jacket, I am using Drops Safron 4ply, it's a mauve/grey colour, I have always knitted loose and I am thinking I might need to start again on one size smaller needles. I have given up on the knitted french nickers, I think I might get some cheap girls pants to cut up, the stretchy fabric would work well. 
I still only have buds on this 1 bulb, they are quite high and starting to open, I do love these big blooms, January is always Amaryllis time. 

I have been in a tidy frame of mind, sorting through things, I have very little to get rid of, as most of what I own is what I can use, but the need to be tidy is always higher at this time of year. I am lucky as hubby is also tidy, so my continuing sorting is not getting on his nerves. I have too much spare time, I have ordered supplies to make more Luna Lupin animal friends, once everything comes I can start sewing again. Part of the reason for sorting is to find a contrast fabric for the inner ears and bottom of the feet. 

There is nothing to do in the garden or greenhouse, it has turned cold, so nothing much is growing, too early to start anything, so it reading and crafting time. We are walking most days, not long walks, I'm having a few problems with my right hip, 🀞🀞it's nothing too bad. The past few morning we have had a good frost, it is much cooler, which I prefer and dry, winter is here, there are loads of plants in the garden with buds, but it should not harm the plants, the buds should fall off and regrow at the correct time of year. 

With Will at school and George at nursery twice a week, mummy is busy, plus daddy is still on holiday until Monday, from next week we are having Molly for a couple of hours on Monday and Wednesday mornings, so mummy can get back to the gym. Things will start to fall back into place, sign class is again on a Tuesday morning. 

1st week is almost done, just a normal time here, well the normal which is our lives now. I'm not feeling too anxious, hopefully that won't change. It's raining again so I'm going to try some wet felting. 
 

7 comments:

  1. Yes, things are back to normal again here too, once the Christmas things are packed away it seems a distant memory. Have you looked online for any amendments for the French Knickers? You can sometimes find amendments to patterns on Ravelry, or look in the projects for others who have knit them, they often leave notes if they've had to alter a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it good to get back to normal after the festivities, well, as normal as we can be. Your routine sounds very comforting, Marlene, none of the rush and hurry of the last few weeks.
    I've never been a fan of the Strawbridges so don't watch the programme, but I do like a bit of vintage. Unfortunately, it doesn't really suit our bungalow and I'm trying to be a bit more minimalistic anyway.
    Love the little jacket pattern 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to have the christmas decorations out, but also nice when they are away and back to old and new routines. I rather like the chateau programmes, mainly for the thrifty and crafts they come up with. xcx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been watching Escape to the Chateau on catch up and really enjoying it, I love their enthusiasm for everything.
    It must be the time of year for sorting because that's what i've been doing this week too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Escape to the Chateau. I find it so very interesting.

    I am on a tidy and organize kind of adventure as well. I have found a few things in the strangest of places.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think most of us are pleased when things 'get back to normal' after the Christmas/New Year period.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Escape to the Chateau, not sure I read that book yet, think I read their earlier one. Those sort of patterns are beyond me and I admire anyone who attempts them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails