Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 30 January 2022

Last Sunday in January

On our visit to Ikea in the week, we both loved this bedding range, it's 100% cotton, which I need because of my allergies, and really beautiful, so we got 2 king size covers with pillow cases. this will set the design for our bedroom. The wall behind our bed is painted a deep dark purple, which picks out the middle of the pink flowers. We have had white covers for the past 12 years, so it will be nice to see some colour. 
 Our bargain garden furniture arrived as well, hubby will take each item and sand down and stain, all are hardwood, a few of the chair legs are soft at the bottom, we have someone coming to take a look, if too expensive hubby can sort them. We had factored in extra cost for repairs to legs, we will sell our old table and chairs to use towards the repair cost. 
The table folds as you can see, which will give us more room on the decking, each chair reclines, not fully, but enough to make sitting relaxing. Once finished they will match our existing bench, which we are keeping. Our outside cushions fit on the chairs perfectly, so no extra cost. 
How quickly has January passed us by, the days seemed long and slow, but the month has flown by, we have not made plans for February, will see what happens as it arrives. 

Friday was loads of laughter with both George and Molly, George is very much a nana's boy, so hubby gets cuddles from Molly, both enjoy playing on the floor, we don't take them out much as they need to be wrapped up warm and both in pushchair, so not much fun. 

Saturday was wet, it rained overnight, not expected, but good for the garden after a few dry weeks, we had another lazy day at home, after a quick tidy and vacuum, and a walk to the village, I sat and started knitting the pink socks. Later we popped to daughters for a Chinese takeaway, helping with bedtime for the children, lovely to spend time together. 

Today I hope to be outside in the garden, not much to do, I am itching for the gardening season to start, but the ground does still look wet. Looking out on the lovely blue skies, give a false impression, its really cold, we are still have air frost a couple nights each week, I can't plant anything, and for me it's still to early really to start much in the greenhouse. I am not raising seeds this year, I will purchase plug plants and grow them on to decent pants, I don't need too many and growing seeds always leave me giving away loads. We have not had any of the weekend storms, the weather gods are being kind to us. 

6 comments:

  1. We had terrible winds the night before last, they woke me up countless times, and they continued throughout the day yesterday. It's much calmer today, thank goodness. What pretty bedding, and your garden furniture is lovely, handy for saving space too. Yes, January has gone by in the blink of an eye, the months seem to roll past these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bedding is really pretty, the garden furniture is nice too. I'm itching to see what the caravan garden will be like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garden furniture looks nice, and the bedding print is beautiful. I hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the look of your bedding.

    Hasn't January sped by, I can't believe it will be February on Tuesday.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new garden furniture. I look forward to your transformation of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty bedding.I'm sure it will look lovely in your bedroom.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails