Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 11 January 2022

Blooming lovely.

Finally I have my 1st bloom, I love an Amaryllis in January, very colourful on a grey day. 
Only 3 buds on the 1st stem, the 2nd stem is looking promising, should flower for a couple weeks. Still only leaves on my other 2 bulbs, I think these are the only flowers I'm going to see. 
Just under half our Christmas cake left, it's lovely with our afternoon coffee, I will be sorry once it's all gone. Lovely and moist, I made it deeper this year and it has worked well, we still have Christmas treats, but I have packed them out of sight. 
Book 3 read this year, I was very unsure as I started this book, the writing style not to my taste, but I kept going, loved the plot, its nice to read something a bit different. 

I/we have done very little in the past few days, we managed to walk everyday except Saturday, it rained all day, too wet to go out. I did an average of just under 5,000 steps each day, this week I hope to do more, the forecast is dry, so should be able to get out every day.

I have done very little crafting, I am playing without getting the results I hoped for, but I'm not ready to give up yet, I hope to cut out some clothes and start making things. I had Molly on Monday morning, Will was at school, George at nursery, it was fun playing with a baby, she is 6 months and now getting interesting. 

Today is sign class, i've had a negative test, but I'm not feeling great after a terrible night, so I'm giving it a miss, hubby was going to go with me, but we can start back next week.

No plans to go anywhere, we do walk to village for what bit of shopping we need, mainly milk, veg and fruit. 

11 comments:

  1. Such a pretty colour. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't buy a Christmas cake this year and I missed it, I do love a bit of rich fruit cake. Luckily Penny saw some Christmas cake kits reduced and she is going to make it for us. Not quite the same as home made but it will do nicely, and so thoughtful of her. I love the pink tinge on that amaryllis.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Amaryllis is knock out gorgeous ! Cake looks yummy too . take care of yourself now and hope you feel better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pink on the Amaryllis is gorgeous, I have seen them called Hippeastrum in Australia (not sure that is the correct spelling) I made a Christmas cake but it is still maturing, somehow they are nicer when the weather cools and we are just finishing off the shortbreads etc here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous blossom.

    I love Stephen Booth and will look for this novel either at the library (if I work up the courage to go) or online for my ereader.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful plant! Ours has two stems from the bulb. One is just about ready to open.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful Amaryllis flower. I've still got one in a box that I need to plant into it's pot. Must do that this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Amaryllis reminds me of my Mother...she often used to grow them. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a lovely comment, our mum's were so very special.

      Delete
  9. Your Amaryllis flower is lovely, such wonderful colouring.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, that flower. Then the CAKE!! I couldn't imagine a more wonderful sight to behold or taste, on days that keep you inside.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails