Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 22 December 2021

So close

My sister sent us a hamper full of lovely things for both hubby and I, the basket is beautiful, so rather than just leave it under the tree, I decided I could make use of it for a few weeks as a plant display, I have 3 Amaryllis bulbs, 1 with leaves, 1 with 2 buds and the 3rd not doing much at all, plus a tiny conifer and 2 Christmas roses, It does make a plain spot look good. 
My hairdresser is due this morning we have all tested negative, so I can get my hair cut, my shorter style has grown quickly and whilst it's still tidy, it's a bit long. I changed my mind regarding colouring my hair, I had purchased a semi permanent, which would have washed out, I managed to give the pack away. 

The house is tidy and ready for Christmas, we have only fresh dairy and veg to purchase on Thursday, it is really looking good for lunch at daughters house on Saturday. I have one set of arms to stuff for Alba Rabbit and then add his clothes, which I am stitching into place, to ensure it's safe for Molly to play with, I will sit later and finish them and wrap them for gifting. 

My brother has arrived, he will stay with us until middle of next week, we don't have any plans, it's a restful time together, plenty of local walks together.

My daughter could not have her injection in her foot this week, she had just had her booster jab and they needed at least 2 weeks separating treatments, so it is booked for 1st week in January, it's a shame as her foot is very painful. I am missing her and her family, their isolation is only for 3 more days, I can't wait for my cuddles, George is standing all the time, he will soon be walking. Daughter is checking online if the new 7 day rule applies to unvaccinated children 🤞🤞. 


 

7 comments:

  1. A good idea to use the hamper as you have, it makes a nice display for your plants. I'm so confused about who has to isolate, who doesn't, how long for, what tests to take, they seem to change the rules so often that I don't know where I am with them. Not long to go now until your daughter's family is out of isolation though and then you can spend a lovely Christmas together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plants in the basket look lovely. Wishing you and your family a lovely Christmas and New Year. A peaceful family Christmas sounds ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the basket as a plant area it looks lovely.
    I hope all goes well for you and all of your family are able to get where they need to be, Happy Chritmas.
    Briony

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely idea for the hamper, two pressies in one. Three days seems a long time, but what Christmas celebrations you will have when the all clear is given. xcx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant use of the hamper. Wishing you and your family a very happy, joyful and safe Christmas and New year. Enjoy your special family time x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That basket is lovely, glad you could put it to good use. There is conflicting advice everywhere, I don't think even those in power know what to say for the best, either way someone will say they did wrong. All you can do is test, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails