Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 15 December 2021

Gloomy

 The french knots are all finished for my 1st dice, and I'm doing well with the shapes for the 2nd dice, this is going to work out well, and it keeps me busy, when I am sitting down. 

I have used a light box to draw the shapes onto the fabric, the dots are the outer corners of each side. 


Our Olive tree has fruits, not as many as last year, but as we leave them for the birds, I'm not to bothered, I do need to get another bag of food for Olives, I just can't remember where I purchased the last bag. 

I still have the rabbits to finish for Molly, so I am planning a sewing day over the weekend, and get everything done, none of the sewing is hard work, just fiddly, but I have a picture in my mind of how to finish things and how they should look. 

Christmas is a bit wobbly here, our grandson Will has tested positive for Covid, it is ripping through his school, most of his class is now off, those who do not have it are being kept home, trying to keep safe for Christmas. Daughter is still negative as are we, Will had a sleepover here at the weekend and I collected him from school on Monday. We are all testing daily and have everything crossed we stay negative and we can get together on the main day. My brother is still planning to come here, but every thing is 'what if', decision day will be Monday of next week. Will is perfectly well and has no symptoms, we are worried about George getting it, but there is little you can do, daughter can not separate Will from the rest of the family, I do feel for daughter, so many worries, as you can imagine she is worried if we get it, but it's a case of waiting, testing and hoping. 

We did meet yesterday with the sign ladies for a coffee and chat, hubby came with me as there were other husbands there, We had a negative test, which we do before we go anywhere, we found out about Will at 4pm yesterday. We have no plans other than to stay local and only go out when necessary. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that Will has tested positive, I'm glad he's not poorly with it though. It's all a case of wait and see now. I do hope that everyone stays well and you can have the Christmas you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear Will has covid - hope you stay safe from it. Husband and I both have it at the moment. Only youngest Daughter hasn't had it yet, miraculously, as it is rife in her primary School and our village. Like you we are going to review our Christmas plans beginning of next week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Will has tested positive,children do not get it bad so fingers crossed he will be ok and the rest of the family too. The day I tested positive my lateral flow test was negative in the morning, just be aware that they are not always reliable for early testing.
    Hope everyone stays well, take care x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to read that Will has tested positive.
    I do hope that everyone stays well and you can have the Christmas you have planned.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poor Will :( Hope he's well and can enjoy Christmas. The dice project look like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, sorry to hear Will is poorly, hope you all escape it and you can still enjoy your christmas festivities xcx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry to hear Will has tested positive. I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well and he has a super mild case.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear that Will tested positive. I hope that no one else catches it and your Christmas plans aren't spoiled. Things are going crazy here in London. It feels very much like last year in that we just don't know how it is all going to pan out. Luckily, we got to see family before this new variant really took hold, so we are staying put this year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails