Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 13 December 2021

Growing

The garden is looking good, a bit bare, 
everything is settling into winter, our Magonlia tree still has some of its huge leaves left, but soon it too will be bare. 
There is still colourful spots around the plot, summer is still hanging in. 
Inside my Amaryllis are both starting to show growth tips,
 every day I can see growth. 
My cuttings from the succulent plant all look to have taken, each one is upright and none are droopy.
My jug on the kitchen window sill is now in winter/Christmas colours, a lovely mixture of silk stems. 

 I am pleased with my new glasses, both in the clarity of use and the new slightly bigger sized lens, the increase in the lens strength was not huge but it does make a huge difference when reading. I also went to Will's school concert, held outside on Friday afternoon, it was a pure joy to watch all the children enjoy their singing. 

Saturday morning we collected Will for a sleepover, he was very good, we walked to the village for a teacake out in his favourite and ours bistro, he played happily all afternoon, watched Strictly with us and went to bed a good boy.

Sunday was not quiet such an early start, he woke up about 6.45, mummy came over with Molly and George for lunch, we had a family afternoon together, later hubby and I had a lazy evening in. Molly was wearing the holly dress I made her, it fits perfectly, the skirt is a good length, she did look really pretty, I can't wait until the summer when I will make more dresses. 

I had an unwanted issue this week, my bank card was used twice, our bank was straight on it, the 2nd transaction was stopped, they called me but my phone was on silent, so they called home and hubby was able to say I was not shopping, and would not be using my card, so they stopped all transactions until they spoke to me later in the day. They refunded the stolen amount and cancelled my card and sent a new one, brilliant service just when you need it. 

Sadly mummy got a message Wills best friend at school and his dad have both tested positive for Covid, we have all took test and are negative, we will all take test every day this coming week. I have everything crossed we stay negative, I am looking forward to seeing my brother over Christmas.

I have finished the french knots on the dice, they were very quick and easy to do, I have traced 6 shapes and I am hoping these will be done as quick and easy, the shapes are much bigger than the dots, once all the knots are done, it won't take me long to sew them onto the foam squares. 

Thank you for all your kind comments on my photo's on the previous post, they are a happy family, and very good at having their photos taken, my phone is full of their photos. 

6 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed that your tests stay negative, it seems so many children are getting Covid now and passing it on, it was bound to happen with them all being in such close proximity in school, how do you tell a young child to stay socially distanced. I'm glad your bank was vigilant and that your card was stopped before further damage could be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed that your tests stay negative.

    So pleased that your bank was on top of things, nice to hear this.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping my fingers crossed as well that the tests stay negative.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really hope things will be all negative for you so that you can enjoy Christmas as a family.
    Well done to your bank for being on the ball, still not a nice experience for you.
    My Amarylis is looking like yours and I am gently willing it to get going with a bit more umph but it will do that when ready and I have to be patient. Not good at that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness - your garden looks superb. It is tidier in December than mine is in the middle of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that your card was defrauded. It has happened to me and it is horrible. Sorry also that Will is now having to self-isolate. Hopefully, he won't have contracted the virus. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails