Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 23 December 2021

Luna and Alba

  Luna Lapin, I did as much sewing as I could on my sewing machine, this is for baby Molly and I need it to be safe for her to play with, so adjustments were made. Daughter chose the gold spotty material for the ears, I had thought I would use a pink fabric, but the spots look good. 

Heads up, having a chat, these are ready for their eyes and nose, in the book they use buttons for the eyes, I am thinking of using felt, but I checked out the safety eyes and went with them. This was the point I decided to make 2.
I had loads of fun making their clothes, it took an afternoon with my sewing machine, I have not made buttonholes, I will stitch the shirt and dress closed, making it safe for Molly. 
Here they are, both dressed, I was thinking of making Luna a bolero or cardigan, but decided she looked good just in her dress. I have red and black thin leather for shoes, but I think I prefer them without shoes. 

I love his waistcoat, made with tea towel fabric, left over from a bag. His jeans are from an old pair of my shorts, the denim is thinner. 
I made the nickers from some lace I already had, the colours chosen to match the flowers on her dress. 
These are such fun to make, doubling up and making two was just so easy. All the clothes has been sewn on and should not be removed, I'm not sure what mummy will do with these, they could be a toy to play with or used as decoration in Molly's bedroom. 

Everything is now finished for the big day, I had my hair cut yesterday, today we will walk to local shop for cream and a few bits. It's a relaxing week here, I am thinking about my next craft project, I still have the button band to knit on my green cardigan. 

Maybe, just maybe I might make another rabbit for myself next year. 

9 comments:

  1. They're so cute. I bought the book ages ago and I've also got the pack to make Luna with but I don't know when I'll get round to making her. We've got most things done now too, shopping for fresh things today. Mick's working right up to lunch time tomorrow but it's very quiet so he isn't doing much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you shared Luna and Alba rabbit. They are beautiful. I have the same book so may try to make Luna next year. I also have another book by the same author with some of Luna's friends. I'm sure Molly will love her new rabbit friend.
    Enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book and seeing how they have turned out makes me more determined to make one next year. I love that little waistcoat. I'm sure the children will love them.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luna and Alba are adorable, the children will love them. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Marlene xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just popping in to wish you all a very Merry Christmas ! 🎄 Loving your lovely Lunas 🐰🐰💓🎅🏻 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look amazing! Molly will love them 😊 Almost ready for Christmas here too. I just need to collect the salmon roast for Boxing day tomorrow morning then we are done! It seems to have been much more relaxing this year, maybe cutting down on gifts and better planning all round has made a big difference. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and New year x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Luna and Alba are so cute and utterly adorable, they will be a big hit.

    Merry Christmas Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! I knew you'd get hooked!! they are amazing x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails