Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 18 December 2021

Last normal weekend


 After a sunny day yesterday, this morning is grey and horrible, it has not rained, but it feels as if it should, so I have put on my tree lights early in hope it brightens our day.

I have again been busy in the past couple of days, the french knots on the dice are finished, I did change the last square, and I am pleased with the change, later today I will cut the squares out and sew them together and fit them over the 4 inch squares I have. I will also finish the last of the machine sewing on the rabbit bodies. I have cut the fabric for their clothes, 1 girl and 1 boy, so by the end of tomorrow the main sewing should all be done, I can finish the hand sewing one afternoon. That is the last of the Christmas gifts.

My cake is now ready for the icing level, which again will be done this weekend. Hubby will make his very tasty sausage rolls, we are eating Tesco finest mince pies and loving them. 

Will is perfectly fine, bored with not going out, he is sending to us each day a lockdown joke, the humour of a 4 year old is funny. Mummy and daddy are both testing negative, as are hubby and I, so Will's lockdown finishes on 24th, if nothing changes we will be together on Christmas day. My brother is also regularly testing negative, so he will be here on Monday. Christmas is on plan, BUT we do have supplies in the freezer if anything changes,  just keeping everything crossed. Most of our friends are also being very careful, limiting who we meet and where, we are not taking for granted our negative status. 

Knock knock

who's there

Europe

Europe Who

Your a poo!!!!!

at this point Will falls over laughing. 

Now I need to do some cleaning, I want to blitz the whole house before my brother arrives, it's not really dirty, but once it's done I always feel much better. I have made a Christmas song list on Alexa, so music will be playing whilst I work.

Hope you have fun this weekend, and if you are out and about, be kind to people, we never know what someone else is going through, so be nice and kind. 

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've got a busy weekend ahead of you but then you'll be all done for when your brother arrives. It's foggy here today and it isn't forecast to lift until Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much the same here really . I do love what you have finished with , about being kind to people, we never know what someone else is going through , so be nice and kind . Yes totally agree . Back to writing cards ! 🎄 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the knock knock joke, children love that kind of humour. I like your last sentence too, when I worked in the shop I was always mindful I may have been the only person that customer spoke to that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing your dice and rabbits. So glad you're all continuing to test negative, so your family Christmas can hopefully go ahead. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our Christmas with best friend and family will go ahead too. And thank you so much for the lovely hand-stitched card, Marlene, I'm so pleased with it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our oldest son arrives on Monday and the youngest on Wednesday with the Grandcat. So looking forward to it.

    You are so right this could be the last "normal" weekend for awhile.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really really crossing everything for you and your loved ones that all will be well for the big day.Looking forward to seeing the dice and rabbits you have made. Handmade gifts are so special.
    Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is nothing like a child laughing is there? I miss my Grandchildren being young, they are all grown up now.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha at Will. My sister reminds me she owes me big time for my gift of 1000 jokes to William. She says she had to endure HOURS of joke telling including the ones where he couldn't get the punchline out for laughing!! Usually the ones involving the word knickers or poo hahaha Gorgeous tree xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad Will isn't too bad. It will be a good job when all this is over won't it? sometimes it feel as though there will be no end to it, but fingers crossed with this new variant it is finally weakening.
    I agree, we can never know another person's story so should not judge. have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful time this Christmas with your brother, Marlene.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails