Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 28 April 2021

Stitching and more

The Spanish sampler section is nearly done, just a few places to finish, I really enjoyed stitching this again, I did it first in 2009, it's now a small cushion on my spare bed, Will loves it. There is a white sunbeam on the top right of my work, I did not notice it when I took the photo. 
The colours are very different, I have not changed any of them, there should be more outer panels, I just choose the ones I love to fill this space, it very different to the rest of this project, it was always planned to be part of this project. I have also done the partial red boxes under the design, filling the space with colour.  
I am back down to having just one pattern page, it is tricky when I have more than 1 pattern, but it's handy to have them for checking I'm not making mistakes. These frames make holding the pattern pages close to your work so easy. 


I now believe I have finished 75% of my project and I have just the final quarter to do, I will do a lace panel above the Spanish sampler, probably using a shade of pink from the bottom section,  I'm still undecided if I will add to the middle box on left hand side. The bottom right is going to have loads of lace designs, I always wanted the lace design to be from top to bottom, I have no final design planned, it's going to be a case of stitch and see. I do have a small patchwork design I can add, but I'm not sure if it will look good, so I'm keeping an open mind on it.

I am spending more time outside, the lovely weather helps, it is cooler this week, but there is plenty to do in my warm greenhouse, and I have another book to read, so less stitching time. I did spend a morning pulling out all the extra stuff which has found it's way to our spare bedroom, loads of toys ect, they are all now back where they should be, I have found a new nook for all the boys toys, our spare bedroom is now tidy and uncluttered, ready for my brothers visit, which will be as soon as the rules permit. 

No rain last night, clear blue skies here, I'm almost out of rainwater, I am using a hose on most of my garden, April showers? not this year. 


2 comments:

  1. It hasn't taken you long at all to do all that stitching. Yes, it's much cooler here again this week too, we're forecast some rain but it's nowhere near the amount we need, everywhere is so dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No rain here the garden is desperate for it, and the wind is freezing again. I'm getting really cheesed off with the changes in temperatures. The sampler is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails