Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 26 April 2021

Houseplants

All through the year I love to tend to my plants, so plants inside is a must for me, I love my desk space, I sit here most mornings, with my huge mug of coffee, this group of plants are very pleasing. I have moved my spiral plant from the recommended spot to my desk, it was looking poorly, but now it's looking healthy. 
My pineapple plant is thriving, this spot is beside the office window, does not get direct sunlight, in the months this plant has been here it has grown loads. 
I did have string of pearls in here, but having 5 different pots, I began to think its too many, so this string of hearts is new, the metal drawers are high so they should be good here, again these are in our sunny office. 
Bathroom, I repotted my Christmas cactus, I do love the pot daughter gave me as a birthday gift last year. Once the plants in the other pots gets too big I change them over, I always have tiny babies on hand. 
Kitchen, my herb pots are doing well, each plant is thickening and filling the pots. The African violet is flowering again, it grows well in this spot. 
This is in our sitting room, Ficus Microarpa, I do nothing with it, just a drink, now and then. 
This Orchid is in our sitting room, I purchased it 29th January, such long blooming plants, I have others just with leaves, hoping I can get them to bloom again. 
My coffee plant, these were planted in a coffee mug when I purchased them a couple of years ago, naturally they grow in shade, so they are doing well in our cooler sitting room, loads of new growth. 
I often look back on my post to check how things are doing, so a whole post on houseplants for me is useful, I love to grow different things, giving myself a challenge, I've not found any pips or seeds to grow from fruit, I am trying to see if I can keep an acorn growth small, only time with tell with that. I would have loads more plants inside, but these are enough for hubby. 

We had another quiet fews days, our new recliners have been tested, and we are both pleased with them, I have nothing to do in the garden, in a few weeks I will plant out all the tender plants, but I still look for things to do, I do itch for something to keep me busy, no deadheading, but loads of watering, no rain for weeks and none promised.
Sunday we had a lovely walk along the shore, the tide was out, so no photos, the area was busy with people, but it's so huge, plenty of space to keep apart.
Today we are checking our freezers and cupboards ready for a trip to the big Tesco store, we need a couple of things which I can't get at Lidl's. What plans do you have?

8 comments:

  1. I've never really been one for houseplants but a few have crept in over the last couple of years, I have about half a dozen now, that's enough for me, though I like the string of hearts, I saw one of those in the local florists and was very tempted so there may be one in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lighting isn't that great in my house for house plants, I had so many in my last home they nearly took over, now I only have three that seem to do well. have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My plants do better in the rooms at the front of our house, our office always gives plenty of light and warmth.

      Delete
  3. I love buying more houseplants, but OH doesn't like me to get too many. It upsets him if/when they start to look bedraggled, which they often do under my care. I'm not the best at watering regularly, although I do try my best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the string of hearts plant. I have a fair few houseplants now. They bring life to the place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love houseplants, they bring colour and texture to a room. Today is my feed day, they'll all be fed and watered. Some will have bits snapped off ready to root. I love your selection of both plants and pots. In particular the 'head' pot wearing shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Betty my head, but the glasses are my glasses of shame, I got scammed, thinking I was purchasing Clark's shoes last year, paid £42 and they sent a set of fake Ray bans.

      Delete
  6. You got me started again on house plants last year. They were doing so well until we got a new kitten! She went through a period of chewing the leaf tips so I am going to have to nurse them back to health.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails