Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 30 April 2021

April roundup


There is always spending in the garden in April, mainly compost, manure and bark, plus of course a few plants. I think this year I am being good, only purchased a couple sets of tea towels for my stash, my cross stich is taking my time and I have everything I need here. I did go mad a purchase a pair of summer trousers, just saw them, loved them and brought them home, and the new Karen Slaughter book, it was on offer in Tesco. 

We did get the new BBQ and loungers for the garden, but we did sell our wooden recliners which paid most of the cost of the replacements, nothing big for the house, just a new rug by the front door, even with the shops now open, we are still not going out much. The waste which came with the BBQ was huge, loads of foam packaging, we recycled the carboard box. Our food bills are much lower this month, we are using our larder and freezer, all the extra items we got for Brexit and the winter Covid surge are now being brought down to our normal levels. We don't walk to our local shops much either, milk keeps and last all week, just a pop to Lidl's every couple of weeks. 

The cold weather had stopped us walking so much, I am outside more often and my steps rise wandering around our tiny garden. We have been good, I ate my last cream egg, no more this year, and no more lemon sherbets, our treats are now home made cakes. No real weight loss this month, but we were not trying hard enough, we hope to focus through May. 

My Be Kind, was to purchase a tea towel and make another bee bag for the lady who works in our local veg shop, she has commented about mine every time she see's it. 

2 comments:

  1. You're so committed to keeping track of your spending, I know it would fall by the wayside if I were to do that, though I must say that I find I'm not really spending very much at all, I suppose that's because we just don't go out like we used to do and the non essential shops were closed for so long. I'm sure the lady in the veg shop loves her new bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know why I started this, out of interest I think, and to see if I was wasting much money. Now I keep it going so I can track where I spend money. It's never been about saving, more to stop myself just purchasing what I see for ne real reason, it has worked and helped me cut back on what I bring into my home. As I have said before, if I don't buy it, I won't have to remove it later on.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails