Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 19 June 2023

Sit with me.

I'm not sorry for another of my garden photo's, this seating area is looking good, with herbs both side, you can touch the chives, lemon balm, rosemary, thyme and mint to release their scents. I have basil in a hanging pot as well. On the shelf I have for the first time put pots of flowers, it makes this area very relaxing and with the parasol loads of lovely shade. We are going to put up trellis between the fence and the Olive tree, you can see the painted green post, will keep it private. We are both enjoying sitting and eating outside most days again. 
Our second small cucumber, we both love these tiny ones, and strawberries, these taste so much better than shop purchased ones, we were very naughty and got some clotted cream for a treat. 
Our fruits are doing well, the blueberries are still green, I am keeping an eye on them, in hope of a meal soon. The strawberries need picking again, the grandchildren are due, so most of them will be ate. Our first raspberry, most of my plants are late summer, so we only get a few at this time of year, not quite ripe. 
Our cucumber plant is doing well, climbing up the frame, the two tomato plants I put in earlier are full of green tomatoes, the last two are both doing well in their new big pot. I always use a growbag for these plants, this year they do not have peat in and dry out very quickly, so two of the pots can hold a good amount of water, the third middle pot I am watering three times a day.
Saturday we had Molly and George for a few hours, mummy took Will to a party, we were outside most of the time, they helped with the strawberry harvest, but I didn't let them eat them all, it was cloudy and humid most of the day, no rain. 

It was our village gala at the castle, but we did not go this year, daughter took little ones home as they were both tired and we enjoyed the birdsong in our peaceful garden.

Sunday we popped to town, I had purchased some shorter exercise trousers, but they were too big, so I returned them, we then drove to a Waitrose shop, we don't normally shop there, we wanted a few different breads and dips, the breads are sliced and in the freezer, we can have a nice mixture for lunches, rather than one loaf we eat over a few days. We have sorted some bottles and are going to create our own herb flavoured olive oil. It was overcast most of the day, cooler with a lovely breeze, sadly we did not get the rain promised,  we did get a light shower. Yet another hot humid night, the fans were on for hours and this morning blue skies. I am still praying for rain, it's promised for Tuesday.

8 comments:

  1. Your garden is looking really lovely Marlene, I'm glad you get such joy out of it. Yes rain for Tuesday here too, I really hope we get plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never be sorry for a garden post, its lovely to see what you are doing. I love the seating area, it looks as thought you've worked very hard on this. lovely.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks lovely.
    Clotted cream with strawberries, is definitely delicious :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I would like to sit there now with my morning cuppa! Coldest morning for 5years here in southern Australia 5deg 'feels like -1deg. White daffodils just out in my small garden. I always love garden pics thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely garden, and I am glad you are getting to taste a few of your fruits.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bench area looks beautiful, so relaxing, and your produce is wonderful. We don't have any cucumbers yet, just luscious strawberries to munch on. Ice cream with ours 😁 We have much needed rain today. It was pouring down at 7am and now, at 10am, is a steady gentle rain which should give the ground a good soak.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to see a garden post, I know how hard garden work is and It's nice to share photos of our hard work. I've only got one hanging strawberry plant, no strawberries yet and no raspberries either, everything seems later in our area this year. We have rain all day today, the ground needs it, we missed most of the last week so the ground needs it. Love the new seating area.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like the ideal spot to sit for a cup of tea and a chat! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails