Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 14 June 2023

New starts

This is three stories, two with immediate links to each other, the third, Rachael's story runs along, but it takes a long time to link to the other people, I enjoyed this novel, I find this author can write good and bad books. I enjoyed this book 12 read this year. I am starting the last book I got from our library. 
I have purchased this book, I don't need this book, I'm not good at crochet, but I want to try and make things, the instructions are in a format I understand, so this is a good start, I purchased a pack of mixed colour cotton 4ply months ago, so I have everything I need, I will speak to my friend Shelia for guidance, she is brilliant at making small items. 
I am starting a new project, this is just for me, I have very few dress making patterns, I did look locally for the design below, I purchased the top and loved the style. I would like to make a few cotton tops to replace the T shirts going thin. I aim to trace the basic design, it's three main pieces, and the front button hole bands, The binding I will make myself, either matching or a contrast colour. The red and orange material I have had for about 20 years, I got in in The Gambia, thought youngest daughter would like it, she didn't. So I will make two tops, which I can make to fit me, and then before cutting out, I can gauge how much material I will need for others.
We came home to see our neighbour has chopped her Elderflower 'bush', as you can see it has been hacked, I was totally surprised by this, we have said nothing to her regarding the plants, we do cut anything which overhangs our fence, it all grows so thick and fast. It is nesting season for all of the birds, and loads of tiny birds nest in there every year, so for an animal loving person I can't understand why she did this.
We had a totally lazy weekend, outside when it was not too hot, and inside reading, I have not stitched, my brain and body needed rest, the heat has sucked all life out of me, our fruit and veg was delivered on Saturday, we also walked to our local garage, which has an M&S shop, for a few nicer bits, Monday we had an Asda order delivered, we just could not face a long walk around the store. 

I did try and look at the photo's I took in Chester on my big camera, sadly I have an issue with my ports on my computer, it kept disconnecting the link, so I could only see a few photo's at a time, and I just so frustrated and packed the camera away, I will call our guy in to see what can be done.

Monday the sun came back by mid morning,  I've nothing much to do outside, it's too hot in the middle of the day, we did go for a walk later, ensuring I get my 7,000 daily steps. Tuesday was sign group, which I missed too hot to sit outside with no shade. 

I have booked another felting course, so two day sessions both in July, I am hoping it will give me all the instruction I need to make a start, loads of new starts on the way, and with the finish line on my cross stitch looming, exciting times. Daughter has also booked a spa day for both of us, this coming Monday  I have a pedicure booked.

5 comments:

  1. The coming spa day with your daughter is something lovely to look forward to.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the top.

    I have always found felting to be very interesting. Enjoy your course.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of exciting new projects starting. Enjoy the spa day with your daughter. Sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981
    It is an offence to "Intentionally or recklessly . . .
    disturb any wild bird included in Schedule 1 while it is building a nest or is in, on or near a nest containing eggs or young."

    Which means hacking at that shrub at this time of year.

    https://www.lancashire.police.uk/faqs/wildlife-crime/what-are-the-laws-that-protect-wild-birds/


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, but she ignores everything, another neighbour has a ongoing court case against her, which she ignored until she was found in contempt of court. The Police and local council have had loads of run-ins with her. She refuses to open her door to RSPCA, even with police attending, her house is a fortress and the garden is overgrown so you can't see in.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails